You guys are unkind

I will never understand why people load up into a game with the sole purpose to make others suffer. I have been working on an achievement since it came out. I have to open an exit gate and escape on RPD 20 times. I put it my steam bio, I gave fair warning to everyone in the queue, I turned off crossplay so that people can red my bio, I changed my steam name to Read My Bio, and the killers are just unkind. Now, you dont have to let me do anything, but to sit there and camp me and tunnel me out, to sit there and deliberately come after me, knowing full well that I am working on an achievement, that is a new kind of low and I hope both sides of your pillow are warm tonight. What happened to the days when killers could meme around and have fun and goof off. Oh wait, MMR killed them all.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Blink0925 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300310#Comment_3300310

    I dont know how many god damn times I gotta say IM NOT EXPECTING ANY ONE TO DO A GOD DAMN THING. When you know my intentions and go out of your way to to make it so I dont get any progress, thats a dick move

    You stating that you have no expectations and this topic are contradictory. The entire premise is that people are being unkind, because they aren't letting you get free escapes.

  • At this point your only digging yourself deeper. Our only advice is to stop digging and take a break.

  • Unkind ...

    It's an achievement for a reason. Some are more difficult than others.

    Just be patient and don't expect someone to play in a way that accommodates your current personal objective.

  • @Blink0925 said:

    I will never understand why people load up into a game with the sole purpose to make others suffer. I have been working on an achievement since it came out. I have to open an exit gate and escape on RPD 20 times. I put it my steam bio, I gave fair warning to everyone in the queue, I turned off crossplay so that people can red my bio, I changed my steam name to Read My Bio, and the killers are just #########. Now, you dont have to let me do anything, but to sit there and camp me and tunnel me out, to sit there and deliberately come after me, knowing full well that I am working on an achievement, that is a new kind of low and I hope both sides of your pillow are warm tonight. What happened to the days when killers could meme around and have fun and goof off. Oh wait, MMR killed them all.

    How is it an achievement when you are given it for free?



    a·chieve·ment

    /əˈCHēvm(ə)nt

    noun

    1. 1. 
    2. a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
    3. "to reach this stage is a great achievement"


  • There's a real pattern in the responses here.

    If you'll note, you got a few upvotes on your initial posts but once you explained what you want the other players to do such as "Let me open the exit gate and escape" there have been zero upvotes on your multiple posts.

    This is because, despite your protests, you have clarified that you are asking for a free escape so that you can get your achievement. I know you've claimed that's not what you're asking for but it's there in black and white that you want them to let you not only open the endgates but also let you escape.

    That is the definition of a free escape. Twist all you like, that's what you're asking for and people who don't do that are jerks?

    Okay, the *one person* who admitted looking at your bio and deliberately denying you the achievement was a bit of a jerk but just because you want something doesn't mean they have to give it to you. If a killer has an achievement that requires getting a 4k or are going for adept or whatever then why should they sacrifice a shot at that just because you want it?

    See, you really seem to have a blind spot about how this is a classic case of entitlement.

  • There was a tome challenge earlier this year to 'escape using the perk no mither and no other perks'. For a couple weeks, people were trying to do the challenge and changing their in game name to plzchallenge or whatever to get it through sympathy, cause it sucked to complete. Several games I played I let people go so they could get it done.

    Then I had a game with a no mither Meg with a similar kind of name. I went easy on her, even left her slugged at one point so she could get value, and ultimately let her go. The end game screen she had 3 other perks like Prove that I couldn't have seen, but she clearly wasn't doing the challenge. She was just escaping because that strategy worked, and I stopped going easy on no mither players.

    Same thing with your outbreak breakout. Just changing your name and asking for an escape shouldn't work. Because if it did, people would absolutely abuse it. Tons of people would just burn an RPD offering with a username referencing the achievement, even if they already had it done, just to get the free escape and an easy game.

  • @Blink0925 said:

    I will never understand why people load up into a game with the sole purpose to make others suffer. I have been working on an achievement since it came out. I have to open an exit gate and escape on RPD 20 times. I put it my steam bio, I gave fair warning to everyone in the queue, I turned off crossplay so that people can red my bio, I changed my steam name to Read My Bio, and the killers are just #########. Now, you dont have to let me do anything, but to sit there and camp me and tunnel me out, to sit there and deliberately come after me, knowing full well that I am working on an achievement, that is a new kind of low and I hope both sides of your pillow are warm tonight. What happened to the days when killers could meme around and have fun and goof off. Oh wait, MMR killed them all.

    May i give you some words of advice, and maybe already said this to you.

    Don't change your name into that to let them know you're working on something, some people will go out of their way to make sure you don't succeed.

    I'd say just put on a name to what you like and play the game normally, you will get it eventually just don't focus on it to much.

    If you focus on the achievement to much it will start to annoy you and take your fun in the game away, it's not worth it and your life doesn't depend on the achievement and how fast you get it 😉

  • Cleaning up and closing the thread here; as it is getting more than a bit argumentative.

    I would also like to leave a quick a reminder: while everyone is allowed to be upset or disagree with others, please always remember keep comments civil and respectful towards others here on the Forum; this includes other players as much as it does others here on the Forum itself.

1 2 ›