Anti-Sandbag Mechanic
There are many forms of sandbagging, but I think the following mechanic will be able to punish those that are spam-dropping pallets or spam-rushed vault/lockering for no reason. Numbers for decay/threshold to kick are placeholders.
- Every survivor has a unique counter invisible to all players.
- Dropping a pallet, rushed vaulting, or rushed lockering adds +1 point for that survivor, UNLESS the killer is within X meters of that specific survivor.
- Going 10s or so? without getting another point will remove 1 point.
- If the counter hits 5 or so?, the survivor is automatically kicked and given a penalty (eg, DC, temp ban on repeat offenses, etc).
Since the counter is invisible, people cannot use this to detect whether killer is within X meters of them.
There is no reason to be dropping 5 pallets within 30s of the last when killer is nowhere near you. Nor to spam vault/locker hop constantly. The decay allows for misclick/finicky action prompts (eg healing under a pallet), occasional meme strategies like dropping a pallet to get the killer’s attention off teammates and then resetting it with Any Means Necessary, or rushed vaulting to get somewhere quicker.
Comments
This is so pointlessly convoluted and restrictive. Nobody wants to play a video game where they're constantly being nagged to not do this or that.
I would have preferred something entirely, like getting hit with a exhaustion status effect or temporary hindrance. Because, they are vaulting the same location multiple times outside of chase; and well; it would make logical sense that it is a pointless and quite frankly tired some nerf to spam rushing through windows and pallets, to make annoying noise.
Personal, I don't care if a survivor wants to do that, to get my attention; as I would simply ignore it; but the Endgame can be quite annoying when the Survivors have achieve their victory and spam rushing while near open exits gates. Trying to get my attention to teabag.
But, if I could... I would love a evil buff to killer, that Survivor spam rushing near open exit gates, will be hit with the Incapacitated status effect for 15 seconds. >:D
So you want people to get kicked for spam vaulting to try and annoy a camping killer into leaving the hook?