A perk idea


Most of you know the core problems of dead by daylight.One of them is the amount of pallets on the maps.You sit down as a survivor at a generator,the killer comes and may land a hit and you run from one pallet to the next.That's all you need to do to buy time for the generators to start.So my idea would be to develop a perk that triggers the status effect hindered for 5 seconds if the killer hits successfully.This offers the killer the ability not only to prevent a survivor from getting from one pallet to the next,but also to shorten chases,force the survivor to throw pallets earlier,and apply more pressure.The idea is mainly intended to ensure that even survivors with map knowledge can take the killer seriously and not stall him forever while the generators fly in his face.What I've written here is of course just my point of view.I play both killer and survivor and still see that as a big problem.Mainly because pallets are saved as if each one were the last.I am looking forward to your opinions.I wish you a nice day.



Comments

  • Great...and then you get a map that does not have 20 pallets and then what? The issue with hindered is that it makes looping really hard since most tiles only work when you have 100% ms and you cannot really loop them otherwise... The issue with that is that survivors need to pre drop even more now, which is a problem on maps that don't have that many pallets... Also if a survivor is skilled enough to preserve pallets and not waste them right away why would you want to remove that? Then everybody will just pre throw pallets... Great game play if every map ist just pallet kicking without looping...

    • I don't think you've considered that there are enough other strong loops to stall killers.And you don't need pallets there either,even if there were some.The shack for example.What is added are T L walls, main building and and and.In addition,the killer usually has its first hook when 2-3 generators are already on.As I said:the perk should serve to build up pressure and shorten hunts.If pallets are thrown sooner,so much the better for the killer.Is supposed to be the point.


  • Window tiles are not always in reach and on most maps the nearest tile will most of the time be a filler pallet.

  • @Argondri said:

    • I don't think you've considered that there are enough other strong loops to stall killers.And you don't need pallets there either,even if there were some.The shack for example.What is added are T L walls, main building and and and.In addition,the killer usually has its first hook when 2-3 generators are already on.As I said:the perk should serve to build up pressure and shorten hunts.If pallets are thrown sooner,so much the better for the killer.Is supposed to be the point.

    I want to see your footage of shelter woods or midwitch against 1 hit with clown that has bamboozle and see if you make it anywhere. And it's not just these 2 maps. This effect is basically everywhere. With 2 perks you would be able to shut down looping. What will be left? Just hiding all the time? Where's the fun in that?

    Terrible idea overall