Disconnected during the match, chat closed, rank issue, no penalty.
Something really weird just happened.
I was kicking the ass of a team and suddenly one of the survivors started to stand back every time I hit her.
I assumed "cheater" but then I got the white-on-black logo and found myself on the lobby.
I've pressed "continue" and I had no penalty.
I've noticed several network issues since about a week. Anyone else?

Comments
My SWF teammate for about a month now will randomly get kicked from our match. Can see the killers load out even though the match is still going on. Never gets a DC penalty when it happens. Happened last night as I was opening the exit, he was standing next to me and would've escaped but he was kicked a second before I finished opening it.
There are some weird DCs happening right now. Game inexplicably kicks you out and you get no DC penalty (thank gods for that, it would only be the unfairest thing of all if you did).
Playing killer the other day, I got back to back game where in one I got DC'd during a stun, and in the next one I got locked into a grabbing animation and the survivor got DC'd.
Not a hack as far as I can tell, just the game being the game. =)
I feel like this release is the most bugged one since Twins, without being nearly as bad. To be fair, since Twins the game had very little issues of that nature (as far as I'm concerned anyway).
e.g. A new issue that triggers almost every time: I load the game and after the cinematic*, I alt-tab : the game closes all by itself.
e.g. Last week, I'm in a full lobby, ready to load but still high in the countdown. I get an interruption IRL so I close the game : it crashed.
etc
*) I don't recall if it's before or after pressing space to connect.
Are you 100% sure that you did not have any penalty?
The first penalty seems to be 1 minute now, so if you spend around 1 minute to figure out what happened, your penalty was already gone.
A good point, but I've spent at most 30 seconds on the lobby. There wasn't really anything to figure out.
Basically it went as follow : "#########?" "Well, that happened...." <screenshot> -> Continue."
Although ...
I don't know when I was disconnected. So if it was around the end of the match and the penalty started there, then you may be right.