Killer Perk Changes
Shadowborn
- Removes FOV effect and FOV slider settings are added
- Begin the trial with the undetectable status effect
- Effect lasts for 60/90/120 seconds or until a survivor is downed
Monitor and Abuse
- Removes FOV effect and FOV slider settings are added
Fire Up
- 4/5/6℅ stackable speed bonus gained for each generator completed
- Speed bonus applies to picking up/dropping survivors, breaking pallets/walls, vaulting windows/pallets, damaging generators, and snuffing/breaking boon totems
Remember Me
- Gain a token each time a survivor is hooked for the first time, up to 2/3/4 tokens
- Each token increases the time to open the exit gate by 4 seconds
- Each token automatically regresses 0.5 charges per second of exit gate opening progress every 1 second when not being interacted with
- (Survivors open exit gates at 1 charge per second and exit gates require 20 charges to open or 36 charges to open with 4 tokens of Remember Me)
Scourge Hook: No One Escapes Death
- At the start of the trial, 4 random hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks
- The auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white
- When a survivor is hooked on a Scourge Hook for the first time before the exit gates are powered, the following effects apply:
- When the exit gates are powered, the survivor's aura will be revealed for 4 seconds, and the survivor will suffer from the exposed status effect for 40/50/60 seconds
Eruption
- After kicking a generator, the generator is highlighted in yellow until a survivor is downed. When a survivor is downed, the following effects apply:
- Every previously kicked generator explodes and loses 10% of progress
- If a survivor is 4m around the generator when it exploded, they will scream and suffer from the incapacitated status effect for 10/12/14 seconds
Thanatophobia
- For each survivor injured, a stackable action speed penalty to repairing, sabotaging, and cleansing is applied
- The first survivor injured applies an 8% action speed penalty
- Every subsequent injured survivor applies a 2/3/4% additional action speed penalty up to a maximum of 14/17/20%
Scourge Hook: Territorial Imperative
- At the start of the trial, 4 random hooks, as well as the basement hooks, are changed into Scourge Hooks
- The auras of Scourge Hooks are revealed to you in white
- When a survivor is hooked on a scourge hook and the killer is at least 24m away from a hooked survivor, the following effect applies:
- The auras of survivors that are 10m away from any hook are revealed
Beast of Prey
- After breaking a wall or pallet, gain the undetectable status effect for 10/15/20 seconds
Furtive Chase
- Whenever the obsession is hooked, a token is gained up to a maximum of 4/5/6 tokens
- Each token reduces the TR by 4m when not in chase. The red stain is normal when not in chase
- Each token reduces the red stain length by 10% when in chase. The TR is normal when in chase
- When a survivor unhooks the obsession, the rescuer becomes the new obsession
Insidious
- When the killer is standing still, their TR will begin to decrease to 0m and the killer will become fully undetectable after 3 seconds
- The status effect lingers for 0/2/4 seconds after moving and the TR will reappear afterwards
Oppression
- When the killer kicks a generator, 3 other generators with the most progress will begin regressing
- If a survivor is repairing one of the three generators during this time, they will be faced with a difficult skillcheck
- This perk has a cooldown of 80/60/40 seconds
Comments
I like the changes, I think you could have even increased some values more... for example on fire up or even Beast of prey... But in general I don't think a single change is bad... I especially like the Insidious thing that makes it a thing to be used in chase... Well done dude :D
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Yeah, some values could be increased a bit more such as the ones you mentioned or even Territorial Imperative. I was not exactly sure where to draw the line as these are things we cannot test in-game ourselves.
Nice ideas.
I would maybe extend the time Shadowborn is active for, considering it deactivates on first down. 90s or even 120s would be fine I think.
And considering this is a buff to Insidious, I would maybe change the effect a little to make it a 'nerf' under certain circumstances:
While standing still, the killers Terror Radius reduces over the course of 4 seconds, at which point they become Undetectable.
This would have the TR gradually shrink down to nothing, and during that time, if survivors have an aura perk, the killer will still show up. This extends the time the killer is visible via auras, hindering facecamping attempts. Meanwhile the gradual reduction in TR would simulate the killer walking away, so in cases where there are no aura reading perks in play, it would be more effective, because the TR wouldn't suddenly disappear and telegraph the presence of Insidious.
Thank you for the feedback! I agree that some values from the perks could be buffed a bit more. I like your idea for Insidious as it still helps within chases for mindgames or tricking survivors, but not as much for camping.
You forgot to remove the FoV changing from Monitor & Abuse. If an FoV slider is added into the game there should be NO Perk that change the FoV in any way.
(It doesn't help at the FoV changes of M&A is one of the few things that gives me motion sickness so I can't use it.)
You're right, I forgot to add that. And yeah, having constantly changing FOV when using M&A is a weird design choice.
You have some neat ideas.
I don't see the point in reducing Eruptions regression from 10% to 9%. That's just a few deciseconds of difference. I'd also have it apply to people within 4m of the gen, so people on coms can't avoid the Incapacitated while Solos suffer.
I don't think Beast of Prey needs any cooldown. Hiding a red stain is nice but it's not a game changer, and can be emulated by moonwalks, so a cooldown feels gratuitous.
Furtive chase, I don't think needs its tokens up to 6. At 24m reduction max, you can have a Spirit with Furin that makes her phase omnidirectional, or an 8m TR Deathslinger...
You've absolutely destroyed eruption. It's an issue, but swinging it back into worthless territory ain't it. Just reduce incapacitated to 15s and call it a day.
Remember me could stand to have this effect in addition to it's current one. You're just trading one underwhelming thing for another.
Noed is pretty weak now. It doesn't need further nerfing, especially in a way that kills interactivity for survivors. Also this just rewards Claudettes who hid in bushes all game and never got hooked. Pass.
Everything else is fine, I guess. Nobody would use that iteration of territorial imperative but nobody uses it anyway so whatever.
You have 6 hooks at that point... And you have to waste a perk slot until it gets value over half the game in XD I mean, I see the critic, but the game is at least half way over at that point anyway so...
But it also limits the value terrible players who didn't accomplish anything all game long get out of it...
I took your ideas into consideration when editing the values. Thank you for the feedback!
Thank you for the feedback! Personally, I think Eruption would be in a good spot even with this change as almost 15 seconds of being incapacitated is a lot of time of a survivor doing nothing. Using the suggestion that @GrimReaperJr1232 gave me, I also added an area of effect around the gen so that SWF doesn't have an easier time dodging the effect than standard soloq.
You're right about Remember Me in my opinion. It should have a decently strong effect by itself when earned, so I added back its original effect on top of the new one.
Personally, I like my change to NOED as current NOED is the only endgame perk that doesn't need to be earned in any rewarding way, but has a strong effect. For example, Remember Me rewards the killer for basically downing the obsession, a couple times, Terminus rewards having survivors injured before endgame, NWO rewards hooking individual survivors before endgame, Rancor rewards keeping the obsession alive and targeting others, but NOED gives the strongest effect for having a dull totem alive, which isn't very challenging and relies on the survivors' input. I like this change of NOED affecting individual survivors that were hooked on Scourge Hooks before the endgame.
I also made an adjustment to Territorial Imperative due to you feedback so thank you!