Whispers + Spies
I was messing around with this perk combo and it seems to be rather effective. The idea is you use Whispers to get close to a survivor, then use Spies to determine their near exact location. It's worked rather well honestly. Obviously Spies is a crap perk and there are probably better choices, but with Whispers it seems to be quite powerful. Considering that most survivors ignore the crows you have a high chance to trigger Spies, and it's not an aura so it's harder to dodge AND it's not that common so most survivors wouldn't even expect it. Plus, for slow killers at least, Urban Evasion actually triggers crows like walking does, because their trigger is based on speed not on walking/crouching. Literally the only counter to it is Calm Spirit which barely anyone uses, and even then you still have Whispers to get close to them.
Discuss.
Comments
Been saying this forever; Spies is one of my most-used perks, and i rarely regret taking it but often wish I had it when i don't bring it.
I've been using Stridor for the first time and the grunts of pain are not as loud as I was hoping, but this perk combo seems interesting. I never wanted to use Whispers because it's not exact, it's just an area but using Spies with it helps, I guess you can use Strior as well but I want to try this because I never use Spies, I don't like how it works but I'll try it.
Sound is bugged to hell right now, and Stridor is really hurt. Wait until they fix sound and try it again, I guarantee you will like it more. Almost mandatory on Spirit, and helps Nurse and Huntress to snipe through corn with ease. You also can't hide your cries of pain, even with IW because Stridor trumps it, where you can hide your aura. As long as you have a good 5.1 headset, Stridor is very good yet underrated perk.
Whispers by itself is also amazing. It's not so much you use it to find survivors, more that you use it to save time. Walk up to a gen, if it's within 32m and Whispers doesn't proc they aren't there. If it does you know to move closer to the gen. Also helpful for defending totems, gates, and even the hatch. It helps you find the first survivor quickly, and helps you zone out the last survivor. Walk up to a jungle gym and if it procs they are probably there. Move around a bit and see when it goes dark, then backtrack. Eventually you will find them. Don't rely on it to find survivors, just use it to save yourself time. Also I use it on Hag to know when survivors are near. If it's dark I put traps EVERYWHERE because chances are no one can see me.
Whatever floats your boat and works for you. Be it killer or survivor, I despise abusing the meta, insisting on coming up with varied builds even if they're not the most competitively lauded. It's incredibly satisfying finding success in perks that are often overlooked.
I knew thaty things were louder than normal but did not know others were silent as well, that's good to know thanks
I'll definitley try these out now.
Whispers is god on scratched mirror Myers.
I use Whispers quite a bit and on survivor i actually play certain characters with Calm Spirit.
SFTS was a great perk once, but they nerfed it into uselessness. The range is to short and survivor need to literally step on the crows tails to disturb them.
Bring back the old detection radius and alert checks and it would be useful again.
Right now it is a wasted perkslot.