What did you expect?

These last few days, I went against* several teams that were playing pretty cocky and quite dangerously. They all died of course but ... why?


Why would one body block after being unhooked? In a hurry to go back up?

Why would one attempt to sabotage a hook when being one hit away from dying? Trying to be nice to the killer?

Why would anyone attempt to body-block the first hook in the game? Do you like to bleed and leave tracks so much?

...


All these moves are extremely easy to counter and punish. What streamer is being such a bad example to emulate?


Don't misunderstand me : I love it. It's funny, it's cute, it's more interesting than gen-jockeys, but I don't believe they were simply trying to amuse the killer. (If they were, kudos to them : it was very well done)


*) as killers like Trickster, Huntress, Legion, Oni ...

Comments

  • Probably got tired of M1 gen simulator.

    I love when they do it when I play killer

  • A lot of these squads just enjoy seeing what they can pull off in a match. Things like sabo in the killers face or bodyblocking are just fun to pull off tbh and even if they don’t work it beats just holding m1 on a gen to me

  • @Phasmamain said:

    A lot of these squads just enjoy seeing what they can pull off in a match. Things like sabo in the killers face or bodyblocking are just fun to pull off tbh and even if they don’t work it beats just holding m1 on a gen to me

    Ah yes, throw the game for your own entertainment

  • The part that I don't understand is when a team tries these absurdly reckless moves, fails, and then gets mad at me in the post-game chat. Really feels like they're only having fun with the game when they're winning...

    Don't get me wrong, I love going against hyper-altruistic "bully" squads who try bodyblocking and flashlight saves more than they try doing generators, I find those the most fun matches DBD has to offer. It just seems like those squads get super touchy and mad about losing even though they're clearly throwing the match for a laugh.

  • @jesterkind said:

    The part that I don't understand is when a team tries these absurdly reckless moves, fails, and then gets mad at me in the post-game chat. Really feels like they're only having fun with the game when they're winning...

    Don't get me wrong, I love going against hyper-altruistic "bully" squads who try bodyblocking and flashlight saves more than they try doing generators, I find those the most fun matches DBD has to offer. It just seems like those squads get super touchy and mad about losing even though they're clearly throwing the match for a laugh.

    They're touchy because you're not supposed to have fun.

  • I have more fun playing a 4 men SWF doing silly stuff than sweating on gens to escape

  • In a game like DBD winning doesn’t matter tbh. I’d rather have a fun game doing stuff like that then just holding m1 for 4 minutes and leaving with minimal killer interaction

  • @jesterkind said:

    The part that I don't understand is when a team tries these absurdly reckless moves, fails, and then gets mad at me in the post-game chat. Really feels like they're only having fun with the game when they're winning...

    Don't get me wrong, I love going against hyper-altruistic "bully" squads who try bodyblocking and flashlight saves more than they try doing generators, I find those the most fun matches DBD has to offer. It just seems like those squads get super touchy and mad about losing even though they're clearly throwing the match for a laugh.

    i actually hate them. But i love destroying them and leave them on the ground slugged for a bit.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3279404#Comment_3279404

    In a game like DBD winning doesn’t matter tbh. I’d rather have a fun game doing stuff like that then just holding m1 for 4 minutes and leaving with minimal killer interaction

    Yeah well you don't know the intent of the other 3 survivors, maybe they want to win

  • @drsoontm said:

    These last few days, I went against* several teams that were playing pretty cocky and quite dangerously. They all died of course but ... why?

    Why would one body block after being unhooked? In a hurry to go back up?

    Why would one attempt to sabotage a hook when being one hit away from dying? Trying to be nice to the killer?

    Why would anyone attempt to body-block the first hook in the game? Do you like to bleed and leave tracks so much?

    ...

    All these moves are extremely easy to counter and punish. What streamer is being such a bad example to emulate?

    Don't misunderstand me : I love it. It's funny, it's cute, it's more interesting than gen-jockeys, but I don't believe they were simply trying to amuse the killer. (If they were, kudos to them : it was very well done)

    *) as killers like Trickster, Huntress, Legion, Oni ...

    I would much rather play these teams vs the gen jockey booned up squads.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3279404#Comment_3279404

    Depends on the situation. I've had plenty of games where we've all "thrown" and had a blast. I've had many killer games were survivors will avoid interactions as much as possible. They slam gens and leave. Couldn't think of anything more boring as a survivor. It sure is boring as killer too.

    Well yeah, that's because you all agree on throwing, some people want to win

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3279717#Comment_3279717

    That's why I wrote "depends on the situation". I try to gauge what the rest of the team are like.

    That's fair, if you ever play solo and see a Dwight, Kate, and Ace trying to heal each other and making no progress, chances are we'll throw in someway, lol