Off the record - question/issue?

I had time left for off the record and the Oni downed me while he was raging w/ a slam attack. I thought we received endurance for any down.

‘It did work for taking a normal hit later in the game.

why did this happen?

Comments

  • Either you interacted with something or someone, making a 'conspicuous action', or it's a bug.

    I have encountered a bug with OTR occasionally. I think it's when the person unhooking you has BT, sometimes the 15s of BT overrides the 90s of OTR.

  • Are you sure that you still had Endurance? Or was only Off the Record still active?

    You can already lose your Endurance (e.g. by doing a conspicious action like repairing or healing), but OTR stays active because the other Benefits (blocking of Auras and Grunts of Pain) are still active.

  • @PB_TORCHer said:

    I had time left for off the record and the Oni downed me while he was raging w/ a slam attack. I thought we received endurance for any down.

    ‘It did work for taking a normal hit later in the game.

    why did this happen?

    My first question is were you in deep wound?

    Endurance does not stack so if you took a hit coming off the hook, you would still have the other benefits of OTR, but would go down when you get hit.

  • Thanks e everyone for the info. The perk doesn’t mention specific actions deactivating the endurance aspect. I unhooked but still had the other benefits.

  • @PB_TORCHer said:

    Thanks e everyone for the info. The perk doesn’t mention specific actions deactivating the endurance aspect. I unhooked but still had the other benefits.

    It's not just specific to OTR; all Endurance effects are canceled by conspicuous actions now, so this includes other sources of Endurance like Soul Guard as well.

  • What if you got fully healed, did no conspicuous actions with OTR and the killer has insta downs from perks or powers?

    Not 100% sure on that...

  • @Katzengott said:

    What if you got fully healed, did no conspicuous actions with OTR and the killer has insta downs from perks or powers?

    Not 100% sure on that...

    If that happens, you go straight from healthy to deep wound.

    Had this happen last night as Wesker. Healthy survivor (healed by a teammate) with OTR was fully infected and I got them with my power but they got deep wounded and didn’t go down. Works the same way with Exposed.