DBD Bug with no hooks at the moment?

3 seperate games in 4 and nowhere to hook anyone, the last I had to DC as there was a huge area where the survivors could go down and there was nothing I could get to.

Have I just had 3 fk'd up games by BHVR's hook generator system or is anyone else having these new issues?

Comments

  • @BendIt said:

    3 seperate games in 4 and nowhere to hook anyone, the last I had to DC as there was a huge area where the survivors could go down and there was nothing I could get to.

    Have I just had 3 fk'd up games by BHVR's hook generator system or is anyone else having these new issues?

    There's no way, are you sure they weren't running residual manifest or boil over to keep you from seeing hook auras?

  • Certain maps like Ironworks of Misery can spawn with only 8 hooks on the entire map and it can be painful sometimes.

    You just got unlucky with the RNG.

    Survivors can make it worse with offerings and sabotaging as well.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/356118/dbd-bug-with-no-hooks-at-the-moment

    There's no way, are you sure they weren't running residual manifest or boil over to keep you from seeing hook auras?

    Played DBD for ages, there was no boil over and could clearly see the available hooks.

    Upon downing another survivor in the same location I took time to actually look around and nothing... I also checked and there were not offerings to distance the hooks further

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    Certain maps like Ironworks of Misery can spawn with only 8 hooks on the entire map and it can be painful sometimes.

    You just got unlucky with the RNG.

    Survivors can make it worse with offerings and sabotaging as well.

    It is what I thought 3 games in 4 poor RNG is something new for me, I haven't had this issue since the patch with the new Knight killer.

  • Probably has to do with all the weird tile generation going on at the moment. Whenever they change those pallets to the new ones the game breaks in spectacular ways.

  • I had an Autohaven map last night where there were no hooks in one entire quarter of the map, and the rest of the map had some within a short walk to each other. Fortunately the survivors finished the gen(s) in that area first, so it being a dead hook zone only caused an issue once where I had to drop a survivor so they couldn't wiggle free.

    First time I've seen that happen like that, thought it was strange. Usually it's Midwich causing the hook problems.