Remove Force to Prestige at level 50

This is one of the dumbest change I ever seen. i kept most of my characters at level 50 because I don't have the time to no life this anymore and I have a job. and now this punish you and force you to level up from level 1 again, most of my level 50 characters already have all perks unlocked and it took ages for it to happen, and now I'm force to go back to level 1 this is dumb as hell

Comments

  • We should be given the choice to prestige or not and not force us to prestige. this is super dumb and stupid for ppl like me who spend hundred of hours getting all perks on a level 50 character previously before the prestige rework. its just very stupid and anti fun for casuals

    the changes and nerfs to points gain perks like bbq and survivor one is already dumb

    I haven't had the chance to prestige 1+ characters onto prestige 2++ or anything like that. don't tell me the Devs force us to prestige back to level 1 again for the new presitge level. if so I will negative review bomb everything from now on. its extremely anti consumer and anti casual

  • You have to start over after hitting 51p? Like all items and addons are gone? Or what?

  • @Stroggz said:

    You have to start over after hitting 51p? Like all items and addons are gone? Or what?

    I just saw we keep our addons now, oke thank god. if we don't keep I will go super mad cuz I have hundred of items since I play most of my games addon less to stack. most of my survs are lv50 and a few are lv50 on killer

  • @Someissues said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3275874#Comment_3275874

    I just saw we keep our addons now, oke thank god. if we don't keep I will go super mad cuz I have hundred of items since I play most of my games addon less to stack. most of my survs are lv50 and a few are lv50 on killer

    So what does exactly happens after 50 to 51p?

  • your foced to go back to level 1, I didn't test on any characters above presitge 1 so I hope it doesn't happen

  • As of right now, when you Prestige a character, that character's bloodweb reverts to level 1 and you get any applicable rewards (unlocked perks, bloody cosmetics, charms). That's pretty much it.

    No offerings or addons the character has in their inventory are lost. Also even at Prestige 1, which unlocks their teachable perks for all characters at tier 1, it also unlocks them for leveling in bloodwebs. I mention this because it's a common thing I see people miss and they think you have to get to P3 to get perks at tier 3. You don't, but it's more convenient if you're leveling multiple characters, such as Killers.

    Additionally, if you had anything Prestige related unlocked prior to the change, for example you leveled a character to 40 solely for those teachables and did nothing else, those things remain unlocked even if the game itself may show otherwise. In other words if you did that level 40 then stop, everyone have that character's perks in tier 1, at the very least.

    The only negatives to forced Prestige, in my opinion, are the 20,000 Bloodpoint "Prestige toll" that essentially serves as level 51, and even that's an improvement over the initial 50,000 and the reduced ability to get high-end addons in the early bloodwebs, which BHVR is/has been working on.

  • I guess ranting on the forum is more efficient than checking the wiki.