Mmr was a straight up mistake.

I’m mean come on, I get 1 4k against survivors that aren’t that good and a killer I never play, and the next match I get a 6k hour, never stepped foot out of their home, Meg squad. Are you ######### kidding me? I mean don’t get me wrong I have a good thousand hours on me give or take, but that’s one hell of a ######### jump.

Comments

  • That's the subtle difference between MMR and matchmaking. The matchmaking screwed you over, not the MMR.

  • Yeah, the matchmaking is terrible. It can be done right, but we have yet to see that. Maybe soon.

  • I disagree, matches are way better now than they used to be.

    Sure there are exceptions, singularities, unexplainable matching from Hell. But it's mostly better.

  • Would most players rather have completely random matchmaking or have the matchmaking attempt to match players of similar skill? Personally, I prefer loose matchmaking: not extremely accurate to where every game feels like a comp match, but also not so random that every match feels inconsistent in results.

  • I don't think a perfect matchmaking system can be implemented with a 4 to 1 ratio, SWF's and the very nature of skill versus unskilled play.

    Can it be improved? Probably. But don't bother look for a perfect system.

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    I’m mean come on, I get 1 4k against survivors that aren’t that good and a killer I never play, and the next match I get a 6k hour, never stepped foot out of their home, Meg squad. Are you ######### kidding me? I mean don’t get me wrong I have a good thousand hours on me give or take, but that’s one hell of a ######### jump.

    The SBMM system is only going to work if there is a large enough pool of available survivors and killers at the same skill level at the same time. This is pretty much never true, so the system is going to match you with whoever is waiting next regardless of MMR level. The only way this system will work “fairly” with the current number of players is if you’re willing to wait an extremely long time for a match.

  • @drsoontm said:

    I disagree, matches are way better now than they used to be.

    Sure there are exceptions, singularities, unexplainable matching from Hell. But it's mostly better.

    My sentiments are the same when I play survivor. On killer, I keep getting baby survivors, which I hope stays the same because I only play to do rift challenges. I also have fun harassing newbies and then letting them go.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3275176#Comment_3275176

    My sentiments are the same when I play survivor. On killer, I keep getting baby survivors, which I hope stays the same because I only play to do rift challenges. I also have fun harassing newbies and then letting them go.

    If you don't play too killer too much, it kind of make sense (even if it's not exactly right and you are too strong for them).

    I usually play "nice" (faking clumsiness) when I go against obvious beginners ...

    Unless they try to bully me : then I show them the errors of their way. (Just got a match like that with a Huntress. I went from a Huntress who misses 1m above their head and leaves a chase to get more hatchets to a slugging sniper who almost bled out two of them after putting them to the ground so many times. Between these two modes, they started to BM and try to bully. I still left the last one go.)

  • play killer you got two differnece sitoations bad solo q groups they dc or killing self on the hook, otherwise the 4 men swf 5k+ hours,

    but if you thinking ok then i go play solo you get 400h Meg she scared in the map corner and her friend Claud, Bill they didnt know what pallets are

    bhvr: play, Nurse, Blight, Spirit or swf that is all what you have to do when you want having fun, trust me most good players don't want to play solo and that's why there are so few of them in the solo q because the matchmaking is very bad at the moment, even fall guys has better skill based matchmaking, in dbd it's definately none!