Give Consoles more love

Hi DbD-Team,

i play on console and we have some disadvantage to PC-Players.

I know, most players are on PC, but we Console-Players would be happy if you can implement these things to console:

  • Chat like the PC-Players (we have no Chat, no read, no write)
  • Mouse/Keyboard-Support (Flashlight with Controller is impossible / As a Killer, you have a BIG disadvantage when using a controller)
  • Higher Resolution Textures (on PS5 or XSX, give us higher resolution Textures)

Thats it, maybe this is something you can do for us...;-)


Comments

  • Consoles definetly need an adjustable deadzone setting. It feels necessary in a modern videogame.

  • @Aceislife said:

    Consoles definetly need an adjustable deadzone setting. It feels necessary in a modern videogame.

    FOV slider and brightness slider (not counting turning your monitor's up) would be nice for consoles

  • I play DBD for 2 to 3 years, maybe 4, I play exclusively as a killer on Xbox one, I never thought about PC being better then console, since DBD don't require precision for the most killers, I play huntress well on controller, trickster is a bit difficult, but with practice on controller, for me is fine.

    About flashlight... Well there is a lot of players on playstation and Xbox that are crazy with flashlight saves, I meet a lot of good players on consoles.

    The type of game that DBD is, playing on PC or console don't have much difference, is more about knowledge then advantage, is not like playing FPS, like overwatch for example.

    But is a good point and I respect, brightness I never thought as a problem, but this is because I don't give a... About brightness setup or resolution, having more games with support for mouse and keyboard will be good.

  • @Joe1975 said:

    Hi DbD-Team,

    i play on console and we have some disadvantage to PC-Players.

    I know, most players are on PC, but we Console-Players would be happy if you can implement these things to console:

    • Chat like the PC-Players (we have no Chat, no read, no write)
    • Mouse/Keyboard-Support (Flashlight with Controller is impossible / As a Killer, you have a BIG disadvantage when using a controller)
    • Higher Resolution Textures (on PS5 or XSX, give us higher resolution Textures)

    Thats it, maybe this is something you can do for us...;-)


    Actually all together the consoles massively outnumber the various PC platforms. Mostly still on Xbox1 and PS4, but that will change over the next year.

    I like your suggestions, and they all have been asked for over the years lots of times.

    Just keep in mind they've said plenty of times they have no plans to add M&K support, and I'm not sure anyone will stick around the chat box while I take 14 minutes to type out a sentence with my controller.