BHVR Appreciation Post

I have to admit that I've been very hard on BHVR out of love for DBD, one of the games that I've kept in my rotation for years even when I take breaks from it and start to get triggered by it. I have criticized perk/mechanic changes, choice of words when responding to the community, a lack of transparency at moments, the opinions of other players but I'm not a hater and I will definitely continue to support the game and create content for it because at the end of the day its at the top of the genre and provides a lot of good memories for thousands in the community. There are some people out here that mindlessly toss negative opinions with no insightful feedback onto the Devs or the game and it can be unfair to other plays and BHVR when they never give them their props, but there's still a smaller % of us who only say harsh truths because we wanna see the game improve. We know it can and despite some things I'm still not happy about it is getting better. The effort to close out 2022 strong with meaningful updates and at least be open to experimenting with new concepts is refreshing and brought back hope for a lot of people

Even though I have some edgy takes on the upcoming chapter I will still buy it and give it a fair shot. I look forward to seeing some more QoL improvements to the game and I hope BHVR can elevate to a new unseen level in 2023

Off of DBD alone I've met and gotten the chance to play with some very down-to-earth people that grew into IRL friends (Some of which I've already met or plan to meet IRL), part-time content creators that I continue to support and those who have supported me, and of course the celebrity content creators that are all cordial and helpful for the most part by providing their own sub-platforms within DBD to bring people together. I've even had some back and forths with people on the forums that make me think afterwards "Damn, this person is probably cool and I agree with some of what they're saying, maybe I went a little too hard and should rethink my perspective".

There's a lot of cool people to meet here in-game or out of the game and DBD makes that possible. I complain and talk my talk, but you still have to give credit where credit is due. Without BHVR none of the little debates, arguments or content would exist. There wouldn't be a massive platform and community here to interact with. There may be only 30-70k people playing DBD at a given time but there are much more thousands of people than that are a part of the community and help push it forward. The active player count cannot account for that aspect

With that being said, thank you BHVR for giving us a platform and community to be a part of and thank you for attempting to juggle all the tough factors at once. Cheers to everybody for the holiday season as well

Comments

  • @AJStyIez said:

    I have to admit that I've been very hard on BHVR out of love for DBD, one of the games that I've kept in my rotation for years even when I take breaks from it and start to get triggered by it. I have criticized perk/mechanic changes, choice of words when responding to the community, a lack of transparency at moments, the opinions of other players but I'm not a hater and I will definitely continue to support the game and create content for it because at the end of the day its at the top of the genre and provides a lot of good memories for thousands in the community. There are some people out here that mindlessly toss negative opinions with no insightful feedback onto the Devs or the game and it can be unfair to other plays and BHVR when they never give them their props, but there's still a smaller % of us who only say harsh truths because we wanna see the game improve. We know it can and despite some things I'm still not happy about it is getting better. The effort to close out 2022 strong with meaningful updates and at least be open to experimenting with new concepts is refreshing and brought back hope for a lot of people

    Even though I have some edgy takes on the upcoming chapter I will still buy it and give it a fair shot. I look forward to seeing some more QoL improvements to the game and I hope BHVR can elevate to a new unseen level in 2023

    Off of DBD alone I've met and gotten the chance to play with some very down-to-earth people that grew into IRL friends (Some of which I've already met or plan to meet IRL), part-time content creators that I continue to support and those who have supported me, and of course the celebrity content creators that are all cordial and helpful for the most part by providing their own sub-platforms within DBD to bring people together. I've even had some back and forths with people on the forums that make me think afterwards "Damn, this person is probably cool and I agree with some of what they're saying, maybe I went a little too hard and should rethink my perspective".

    There's a lot of cool people to meet here in-game or out of the game and DBD makes that possible. I complain and talk my talk, but you still have to give credit where credit is due. Without BHVR none of the little debates, arguments or content would exist. There wouldn't be a massive platform and community here to interact with. There may be only 30-70k people playing DBD at a given time but there are much more thousands of people than that are a part of the community and help push it forward. The active player count cannot account for that aspect

    With that being said, thank you BHVR for giving us a platform and community to be a part of and thank you for attempting to juggle all the tough factors at once. Cheers to everybody for the holiday season as well

    Up :D