DBD AS A SPORT
Everyone buying a game is free to play it in the way he/she prefers to (in the respect of everyone), and communities keep games alive, but what do you think of the trend that this game is having to become more a sport? With sport I mean that people see killers and run into them to show off their ability to "loop". I am not speaking of very organized teams that play with their resources and menage to escape chases brillantly.
I have an imagination of this game growing and growing. Eventually with better graphics and more and more attentions for details. Eventually physics and sounds. There are so many things that can be done in this unique game, that for me is a ๐ฏ of an videoludic experience. It doesn't have any competition. They can just add a shrunk battleship or primal cave with an alien in it, or a super cool castle with a vampire, infinite scenarios. The base idea of this game is truly magnificent. And for me it should focus on doing what it's best at, a way to enjoy loved horror killers and their scenarios.
I don't want to go into details specifying how strong pallets are and so on. This game can truly dominate the next years if it plays its cards good! I would like to see if anyone is playing the game for this vibe or you are all about bringing killers around pallets and enjoy tbagging at the exit gates xd
Comments
Horror in excess is simply bloodsport. (Not that I don't like horror thematics, just don't use "horror" as an excuse for unengaging gameplay)
lmao, dbd had his time to become something better, but devs after each update released have worsened the situation instead of improving it. i was like you in the earliest days of my games, then after reaching a certain point i realized how much hopeless this game was (is). Sooner or later you'll start to see it too...
Explain better I guess ? I think DBD can dominate this genre of games in the future years :)
Maybe! Maybe not. I like the developers work so far. I wish the game to take a brave direction instead of some ''killer/survivor sided'' adjustments. The potential is unlimited
I would prefer real life dbd
I think I misread your post.
I thought you were criticizing game balance game mechanics like an e-sport.
Though it seems you're talking more about how people are more interested in showing off their mechanical skills at the game, than viewing the Killer as something that is best avoided.
Which I agree with.
But that's something you can modify with your Perk loadouts (using more Exposed applying Perks so Survivors have a reason to hide while exposed or lose out on an additional Health state)
That is a good point. Maybe it shouldn't be ''forced'' tho, but a natural state of things. So that they feel they endanger themselves doing those actions