When the bots come out

As BHVR already announced, the option to play custom games with bots will be added in the next patch (Knights release). Keep in mind its only possible to add survivor bots for now, the killer bot option might be added in the future. The community seems excited about it, since now we will be able to practice things in our time rather than trying to keep up with a normal PVP match.

So heres the question: for what are you guys most excited to use the custom matches...?

Comments

  • I really want bots to replace DC'ed players at some point. That way a game can really come to a more natural conclusion. It's how it is handled in, say the Left 4 Dead franchise, someone DC's, then a bot takes their place until someone else connects and takes over. W/ DBD I think it'd be best to not rotate new people in, but let the bot fill the slot.

  • I was excited about it, then i played it on the PTB and the bots couldnt even finish 1 gen before I killed them all

  • I'll probably mess around for a game or two while playing Huntress or Trickster, but overall I don't see any appeal to playing against them as I've got no real reason to do so.

  • Bots are a bit too buggy on the PTB for my to really say for certain how they will work in the live version of the game, but if they turn out to be the exact same, Ill just use them to have fun matches, they cant really represent a normally match with the way the AI is atm so practicing is pointless.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I was excited about it, then i played it on the PTB and the bots couldnt even finish 1 gen before I killed them all

    Yea I checked it as well while testing the knight. The bots are fairly easy to beat. I might use the custom just to practice stuff like billy curves, oni flicks, bubba moonwalks with the chainsaw, stuff like that. Just a few games to warm up the muscle memory.

  • I played the PTB.

    The bots play very good, they all use the hold W strategy, but they are still not as smart as real human players.

  • I'll probably use the opportunity to learn killers I've always wanted to play without getting destroyed each match

  • @Emeal said:

    I played the PTB.

    The bots play very good, they all use the hold W strategy, but they are still not as smart as real human players.

    Its funny when you use Lethal Pursuer vs them, they all start crouching when in range of your terror radius lol

  • I will do a mixture of practicing killers, testing builds as well as tile behavior on my main killer (Wesker).

  • Pretty much all of them, depending on my mood, of course, I May want to do one thing or another.

  • @Okonar_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3265491#Comment_3265491

    Its funny when you use Lethal Pursuer vs them, they all start crouching when in range of your terror radius lol

    They are probably better than alot of players too tho.

  • I’d be keen to see bots replace DC’d teammates. Even one that would just sit on a gen would still give a fighting chance.

  • I’m looking forward to playing the killers I don’t really play at all. Since lately I’ve been mainly playing with Ghostface, Blight, and Wesker. So adding the ones I don’t play as much and don’t play at all will help me learn more about Nurse, Plague, Hag, Billy, etc. I also think it will be super fun due to having more playability.

  • i really cant see any use in the current bots. there horrible.

  • There are some parts of some maps that I just get lost. I'd love to be 100% confident that I know where the entrance to the basement is in the main building of Grim Panties and Disturbed Ward.

  • I'm gonna use it to play KYF with less then 5 people.

  • @Okonar_ said:

    As BHVR already announced, the option to play custom games with bots will be added in the next patch (Knights release). Keep in mind its only possible to add survivor bots for now, the killer bot option might be added in the future. The community seems excited about it, since now we will be able to practice things in our time rather than trying to keep up with a normal PVP match.

    So heres the question: for what are you guys most excited to use the custom matches...?

    i wouldve voted for all 3 of the first points XD