Fun mode.

I wish there was a mode that you could play as both sides minus the sweating. All my killer games have been ridiculous sweat fests tonight. Like a mode that the game mechanics actually physically prevents you from tunneling the same person over and over again and or camping people. And in return maybe you get like some sort of base kit dead lock on gens so they don't get so fast to compensate for the lack of tactics. Camping, tunneling ectt.... The amount of chases I've had to just flat out drop because gens are flying tonight feels like such garbage man. I can't stand it.


I was on a farm map last game with 2 gens left. All 4 gens were being worked on by separate survivors. How the hell am I supposed to come back from that or even have a chance to stop it. Even using Jolt and Pain Res it wasn't enough. All because I played fair and didn't tunnel anyone and the match becomes unwinnable. Such trash. I'm happy they are implementing the bots, it will be a relief from all of this hard-core sweating going on.

Comments

  • @DyingWish92 said:

    I wish there was a mode that you could play as both sides minus the sweating. All my killer games have been ridiculous sweat fests tonight. Like a mode that the game mechanics actually physically prevents you from tunneling the same person over and over again and or camping people. And in return maybe you get like some sort of base kit dead lock on gens so they don't get so fast to compensate for the lack of tactics. Camping, tunneling ectt.... The amount of chases I've had to just flat out drop because gens are flying tonight feels like such garbage man. I can't stand it.

    I was on a farm map last game with 2 gens left. All 4 gens were being worked on by separate survivors. How the hell am I supposed to come back from that or even have a chance to stop it. Even using Jolt and Pain Res it wasn't enough. All because I played fair and didn't tunnel anyone and the match becomes unwinnable. Such trash. I'm happy they are implementing the bots, it will be a relief from all of this hard-core sweating going on.

    Custom games, with pre agreed rules by the group.

  • How would you keep tryhards away from such a fun mode?

    From my experience with other pvp games like lol, R6S, ow and others, this will result in a decrease at best since it will provide genuine ambitious player with a playing field for like minded people but in both queues (ranked and normal in other games) you will find a mixture of both mentalities.

    And we still don't know if DBDs playerbase is big enough to survive such a split, especially for the people with crossplay off.

  • I had a thought of a "fun" mode. It's just a timed mode, survivors try to do as many gens as possible and killers try to get kills. Only one hook for a kill but the survivor respawns across the map with some kind version of OTR. Once a gen is done it will respawn after a set amount of time. That's it, everyone gets to play and you can get a bonus for having more gens or kills. Might need to tweak a few things, gens speeds, number of gens on the map etc.