Why is killer suddenly impossible
Every single match for about a week and a half maybe two weeks how are the sweatiest most toxic survivors I’ve ever seen
I went off a 100 game win streak a few months ago and took a break now the survivors I’m facing are better than any I’ve ever played. And so ######### toxic in co spidering quoting the game.
did all the average survivor players quit or is mmr just a lie? Because there is zero chance in facing players my skill level
I don’t mind losing but you can’t put a bornal guy off the street against michael jordon and it be worth it to keep Investing time in a game
killer mains and I just having some rough luck or is this a trend? I’m not otz or dowsey these games aren’t fun and joy everyone is reaching that top skill Cap
Just gonna start camping and tunneling at this point. Always try ti avoid that but clearly at high mmr you have to and clearly the match making is ######### now or the average survivors left idk
Comments
I've noticed that killer matches are very hard at one point so I turn on Spotify and kinda begin to lose on purpose for like a couple of hours. Then I log in the day after and suddenly survivors are like super weak. It's not that I want to win every game, it's because I only play for Tome challenges at the moment, but some challenges are really hard or close to impossible with good survivors 😅
i mean either you sweat really hard for that 100 win streak, then its kinda on you that you face sweats now.
or you were in low mmr and just now reached the softcap, which i assure you will get better. I had this experience too, 4k every game as a killer when i was farely new to the game and suddenly i faced hardcore survivors. I almost stoped playing and even started to play more survivor, but eventually my mmr got adjusted backwards and i am now in a position where anything can happen. Between facing comp squads and even getting into a lobby with ACTUALLY new players.
So my advice is just take those steps through mmr hell it needs or just play more survivor until it gets better.
The matchmaking system is broken. It already has a broad range to match from, but it completely throws any semblance of even matchmaking out of the window in order to keep queue times low and to backfill any lobbies where someone dodged.
In addition, the bloodpoint cost reduction on items means survivors are able to bring strong toolboxes, green medkits, BNPs, etc. every single game which really speeds up how fast the game goes so it feels like you have 4 minutes to win or it's over.
If you are coming from a 100 win streak that means that your MMR must be over the roof. You cant say that you have such a high win streak and then pretend 'i am just an average killer'. You will probably be facing comp SWF until you lose enough that you get matched with average players and solos.
Proxy camp tryharders. Maybe they learn to be respectful of other people fun as well.
Bad maps rng + 4 items + bait the chase = tunnel/proxy camp, for me, at high mmr. As I want a chance to win as well ^^
Normal survivors, normal maps, the match balance it out by itself and whatever happens is fun anyway :D
There isn't a fine line between survivors who want to win and survivors who have zero intention of playing to win.
It's a gaping chasm.
I was struggling as killer and even made a post about it. Suddenly I guess the match making realized I wasn’t some amazing killer and slotted me in appropriate games and I was getting more consistent hooks and plays.
not sure why the game decided to make killer mostly miserable for me for a few weeks but hopefully it realizes your plight as well.
At this point if the devs don’t care about balance and the survivors are ######### every match because they notice the obvious skill gap, I’ll just start tunneling the first weak link I find and not care about winning
one kill per match should send the mmr back down. Better than sweating for the one or two. If I’m going to most likely get against these obvious swfs and their toxic bulls hit. Just get my one kill and derank and move on.
frankly after this week I am at a point of just wanting to make the game miserable for survivors as much as possible not even to win anymore
It's just matchmaking working as intended.
You've made a 100 winstreak. Matchmaking is supposed to make sure you win and lose roughly half the time, putting you in front of increasingly good and organized teams, teams that want to win as badly as you do. Therefore, your winstreak inflated you mmr by a lot.
... Yet there is no mmr decay.
The game doesn't know when you're trying to win at all costs and when you're trying to chill after a few months of break. The only way it can balance your mmr is by escapes and kills. If you're now trying to play more casually, you'll need some losses (a good amount of them by the sound of it) to get back to teams that are not trying to win at all costs, like you were during your winstreak.
If you feel the need to tunnel and camp now to compete, that's your prerogative. However, it will probably only stagnate your mmr, which means trapping you in an mmr bracket where you will struggle to enjoy your games, and where your opponents are very "sweaty".
You might want to relax a little in your games, accept to lose a fair number of games, as to bring you back into the enjoyable side of DbD. =)