What Happened, Exactly?
Just checked Steam Charts, and average daily players have gone from ~30,000 in October to ~15,000 in December. Peak players was 60,000 during the Curtain Call chapter. I mean, there's basically been no significant changes to balance for 3 months, so I can see that, but it was a thousand times worse during early 2018 where we had radio silence from the devs for a couple months, and then all we got was the emblem update. This is the lowest playercount that I think Dead by Daylight has had in over a year, so I'm just kind of confused. Do that many people despise 2.4.0?
Comments
I Guess? But the only major December release so far was Smash Ultimate. If people wanted to play RDR2 or F76, they probably already have. So it still doesn't make a lot of sense.
Free weekend + sales, that's what happened. DBD always had 15K players on average.
Dead by Daylight has averaged a 20,000-30,000 playerbase since launch, according to Steam Charts.
And according to the 2.5-year DbD player it always had an average of 15K. It only increased during events or free weekends.
Sure. Let's believe that for a second. How would you fathomably know more about player count than a program designed to track the amount of players playing a video at any given date?
I'm not sure where you're seeing 15,000, unless you're comparing peak to off-peak numbers (or even peak to average), which would be silly. Steam even shows a peak of over 25,000 so far today.
The player count is fairly normal. The 60,000 peak was right after a massive update- the biggest in the game's history- and during a free weekend to boot. Even if you're super optimistic, there's no way you can compete with free weekend numbers without it being another free weekend.
I am looking at the off-peak, because it's during the time that I can play. It affects me quite a bit, having 15 minute killer queues and all. I don't like being forced to play survivor.
With that being the case though, the off-peak number was never 60,000, it was not too different than what it is currently. The longer queue times are a result of the matchmaking system which should be seeing a complete overhaul soon, so you should start seeing shorter queues soon.