No-Ability killer

Have you ever wanted to create a no-ability killer that can only perform basic actions because you want to try very challenging playing?



New killer: mud puppet (or entity baby).


Basic performance: 32m TR and 4.6m/s movement speed. Average height.


Special abilities: nothing. 

(Because, really, it is to give survivors peace of mind. The same playing is possible with a trapper who does not use traps, but the sight of a trapper will influence the survivor's playing by alerting him to ground traps.)


Add-ons: unlike the rules for other killer add-ons, the number is not fixed by rarity. By design, it would be nice to get the effect of very small numbers of some Perks.

Or perhaps a meme add-on that would modify the base performance, increasing or decreasing TR, or increasing movement speed to 4.4 m/s?



I actually imagine playing with this no-ability killer with no Perk no add-on. Masochist.

I am sorry to say that this will surely be an unpopular killer and not worth the cost of creating it. Everyone knows this should not appear as paid content. Probably because it would not be fun to play as a killer.

But I wanted to try training with an M1 killer that actually uses no special abilities at all.

Trappers without traps, hillbillies without chainsaws, I would be happy if those were actually playable.

Comments

  • I mean, no one is forcing you to play Trapper or Hillbilly without their powers and just as a pure M1 killer.

    Myers with the vanity mirror functions similarly to what you describe and many consider this add-on strictly worse then the scratched mirror: inferior wallhacking , while gaining a terror radius and no insta down ever.

    If you don't use your wallhacks, a vanity mirror Myers would be the closest killer to the one you describe.

    I think that a very basic killer could be interesting, but a full on "no power" would indeed be very unfun. How about a killer who is perfectly standard M1 and his power is entirely passive. Per gen that gets completed he gets a random stat increase: +x% vault speed, palette breaking, stun reduction, hit cool down, pickup speed etc. He will ever only be a M1 killer, but at 5 gens completed we would be very good at M1-killing.

    The add-ons could influence which stats get increased or play with the numbers.

    Such a killer could be a fun diversion or training vehicle, but it sounds more like something that would be added as a free DLC to the basegame, not something that peeps would pay for.

    The same concept would also work for the survivors: no perks, only slight stat increase over the course of the game.

    Both of this, the silent and faceless protagonist and The Created could drop together with the bot system and be the default option for bots.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I mean, no one is forcing you to play Trapper or Hillbilly without their powers and just as a pure M1 killer.

    Myers with the vanity mirror functions similarly to what you describe and many consider this add-on strictly worse then the scratched mirror: inferior wallhacking , while gaining a terror radius and no insta down ever.

    If you don't use your wallhacks, a vanity mirror Myers would be the closest killer to the one you describe.

    I think that a very basic killer could be interesting, but a full on "no power" would indeed be very unfun. How about a killer who is perfectly standard M1 and his power is entirely passive. Per gen that gets completed he gets a random stat increase: +x% vault speed, palette breaking, stun reduction, hit cool down, pickup speed etc. He will ever only be a M1 killer, but at 5 gens completed we would be very good at M1-killing.

    The add-ons could influence which stats get increased or play with the numbers.

    Such a killer could be a fun diversion or training vehicle, but it sounds more like something that would be added as a free DLC to the basegame, not something that peeps would pay for.

    The same concept would also work for the survivors: no perks, only slight stat increase over the course of the game.

    Both of this, the silent and faceless protagonist and The Created could drop together with the bot system and be the default option for bots.

    I wanted to create a completely standardized killer because I thought it would help me improve my own skills.

    I agree that it is very uninteresting. It is designed to include it. Maybe it should be free. (Although it would put a lot of hard work on the developer).


    The vanity mirror without wallhack is strictly defined as different because it cannot be played as a pure M1 killer due to the time Myers has to raise the tier and the physicality of Tier II is different.


    In fact, the add-on is an added bonus. When this killer is introduced I will play with no Perk no add-ons. In addition to that, I may play with no camp No tunnel no slugging.

    It is part of my argument that I would like to hear slowly what survivors who have actually faced such a killer think about it.

    This is because I am genuinely curious as to what frustrations they might have with a killer that is clearly and categorically the weakest.