Mystery boxes PC

Okay, so I am new to this game, and I heard about mystery boxes, but I haven't seen one? My highest character is 30-something. I know you get them via blood points, and I have been keeping an eye out every time I progress a character, but nothing. Do you need to hit a certain level or something? I play on PC btw.

Comments

  • The mystery boxes are always found in the bloodweb - you've probably had a few already without really realising it.

  • @damienleigh091 said:

    Okay, so I am new to this game, and I heard about mystery boxes, but I haven't seen one? My highest character is 30-something. I know you get them via blood points, and I have been keeping an eye out every time I progress a character, but nothing. Do you need to hit a certain level or something? I play on PC btw.

    IMG_20221108_210437.jpg

    1 of the mystery found in the bloodweb

  • @Mandy said:

    The mystery boxes are always found in the bloodweb - you've probably had a few already without really realising it.

    Thanks, I have been keeping an eye out since level 9 on my main character, I can tell you with certainty that I haven't. I can take screenshots or whatever to prove it as I progress. I believe its every 5 levels.

  • I'm not sure if i have seen one since the beginning of the halloween event.

  • It would be cool if the items in the boxes weren’t brown toolboxes but like a charm or bonus BP’s/Shards etc. and the boxes were much more scarce. It would put some actual excitement in doing bloodwebs.

  • Damn, can't you get auric cells? Or killers? I want to unlock Ghostface for the quest line, but I don't want to spend money on the character. It seems like a ######### thing to do, IMO. Plus, unlocking these skins that I can't equip.. Is there any way to unlock the other characters?

  • @Nirgendwohin said:

    I'm not sure if i have seen one since the beginning of the halloween event.

    I'm pretty sure you have. During the Halloween there were mystery pumpkins instead of mystery boxes and there were LOTS of them.

  • @damienleigh091 said:

    Damn, can't you get auric cells? Or killers? I want to unlock Ghostface for the quest line, but I don't want to spend money on the character. It seems like a ######### thing to do, IMO. Plus, unlocking these skins that I can't equip.. Is there any way to unlock the other characters?

    Mystery Boxes only contain items that show up in the bloodweb, nothing more.

    Play games and you get XP for your devotion level (essentially profile playtime), as you gain Devotion Levels you gain Iridescent Shards.

    Non-Licensed Characters can be purchased via Iridescent Shards.

    All "quest-lines" have a pathway to the end that does not require any Character/Perk.

    You can also choose older Tomes that revolve around free characters.

  • @damienleigh091 said:

    Damn, can't you get auric cells? Or killers? I want to unlock Ghostface for the quest line, but I don't want to spend money on the character. It seems like a ######### thing to do, IMO. Plus, unlocking these skins that I can't equip.. Is there any way to unlock the other characters?

    Killers can be purchased via Auric Cells, full DLC's or by using Iridescent Shards which you earn with game time (note: licenced characters can not be purchased using in-game currency). Cosmetic items for your characters can be purchased with Iri Shards or Auric Cells - the prices of which are shown in the shop.

    There are also skins that can be unlocked through the Rift...both on the free track and the premium track.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3259379#Comment_3259379

    Killers can be purchased via Auric Cells, full DLC's or by using Iridescent Shards which you earn with game time (note: licenced characters can not be purchased using in-game currency). Cosmetic items for your characters can be purchased with Iri Shards or Auric Cells - the prices of which are shown in the shop.

    There are also skins that can be unlocked through the Rift...both on the free track and the premium track.

    I definitely think Mystery Boxes have been mistakenly disabled btw, I can't find any on my webs.