Pov: you have adhd and alt tab a lot
Y are you like this game
Edit: the issue has been resolved, here's a guide on how to fix it if you experience crashes while alt-tabbing
Y are you like this game
Edit: the issue has been resolved, here's a guide on how to fix it if you experience crashes while alt-tabbing
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I alt tab a lot and have yet to accidentally get a dc penalty what are you doing.
My game crashes?????
im guessing you had too much stuff running and the game ran out of memory to use?
I don't think that's an alt tab problem????
I only have chrome running and like 10 spare gigs of ram, it loses my gpu. Common thing in unreal engine
It is exactly that.
Are you running Fullscreen Borderless? I use that and I never crash on alt tab.
I switched it and now it seems fine. With bots at least. Seems this fixed the issue
It sounds like a hardware problem tbh.
Also I'm not sure how those crashes, assuming they are from alt-tabs, would track up a huge d/c penalty unless you're alt-tabbing mid-match and, ADHD or not, it's hard for me to imagine doing that in a game you generally need to focus your attention on.
Hardware problem on two different pcs lol. Maybe read the comments, I found the issue. It 100% was on dbd
how many tabs
Mate seriously? I alt tab all the time while doing gens and I miss the skillchecks very rarely. You have a huge time window for it
1.2 gigs many
rookie numbers
Well I only have 2 to 4 tabs open 99% of the time so it doesn't eat up that much
Yes. Seriously.
If nothing else I'd suggest playing the game without alt-tabbing if possible to see if that is, no question, he source of the issue (in other words, do you ever crash without having tabbed out?)
If it truly is the alt-tabs, then you at least know the source of the issue and figure out what to do from there.
I did, you said "Common thing in Unreal Engine" and yet I have never experienced it nor have I ever really heard reports from any of my friends, meaning it's user error, a hardware issue, or a dbd issue. Your general statement meant I ruled out dbd issue and so I went with the more polite of the two options.
I see now my efforts to be so were wasted on you regardless, no surprise.
Weird how experiences aren't universal, huh? Almost like the whole world doesn't revolve around you lol
I have no issues with it(other than the bans I got in the past) and I have a good escape rate while on high mmr. Maybe your computer isn't good enough to alt tab in time? I only alt tab when working on a gen, healing or waiting near the exit gate. Sometimes you miss a skillcheck but honestly I just can't help myself, I keep doing it even if I try not to
FIX FOR ANYONE WHO MAY NEED IT
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/352958/how-to-fix-your-game-from-crashing-when-alt-tabbing/p1?new=1
I don't alt-tab when a match is going on. It never occurs to me to do so, unless I have a very specific reason to do so. I do it all the time on load screens or during queues and have no issue.
In any case, it sounds like your figured it out.
Which is why I checked and validated with my immediate circle to check if my immunity was common or your crashing was. As nobody else I know has experienced this I can only conclude the outlier is you and it is, therefore, a you problem.
Don't blame the game for your own technical ineptitude lmao
Technical ineptitude??? How many games that you play have a ten percent chance to crash during alt-tabbing while running in true fullscreen? That's what I thought
None because my Hardware is decent and my technological abilities are also okay and despite constant alt tabbing in true fullscreen it just doesn't crash.
Yeah, it doesn't crash coz you play in borderless xD
Me when I'm wrong
You've just proven you play in borderless. Bravo ๐ You can't switch to true fullscreen without going to config files
If the code for borderless fullscreen is alt + enter on start up then yeah I guess I do, tragic. Everywhere I look seems to say that that's the universal code for true fullscreen though
The game doesn't allow you to use true fullscreen without config file usage, just as it doesn't let you disable vsync, customize graphics settings and unlock framerate. I know much more on the matter so I'd suggest you stop trying to make me look like a fool
sad anyway i alt + enter on start up with this in my config which i set ages ago as true fullscreen
you do realize that each time you alt enter your resolution cuts to around 83% of native, right?