Eruption is as or even more unhealthy for the game as old Ruin was

First of all, I love the perk as killer but its just unfair, i always use it with call of brine because its the meta and carry games even when u play terribly, but its extremely oppressive for solo q players

Old ruin had a counter, you could get better at hitting skillchecks and if you sucked at it you could tap gens (good old days)... but even then it had a big risk related to it, a totem hex perk so it could be yeeted out of the game...

Meanwhile Eruption not only is a normal perk non totem related wich implies extreme high reward 0 risk since there is little to none requirement to make it work just kick the gen and of course 0 downside, survivors can not remove it or call it wich makes it UNCOUNTERABLE FOR SOLO Q, the consecuence is getting in the "useless status effect" as i like to call it, because literally you get useless for 30 seconds, nothing you can do to help or progress the game in any shape or form, the perk is that strong that can carry bad games and turn them into victorys even when missplayed massively.

the perk needs a change in the same way Ruin was changed and pain resonance even when i didnt even had much problems with this combo since the counter was CLEAR and SIMPLE no counter is found with eruption unless you have a cristal ball OR play with microphones wich of course solo q dont have.

Comments

  • @Volcz said:

    I was in True's stream today and people got on me for saying it was a horribly designed perk. They decided to blame it on the whole SWF vs Solo problem. I agreed noting SWF and Solo are night/day but by them saying that, they unknowingly were agreeing with me that it was fundamentally a horribly thought out and designed perk.

    I asked True what the counterplay was for Eruption as a solo player and I kid you not, he said just don't get downed. I exitted the channel a few seconds later.

    That is the counterplay. People also said old Pop and Pain Res/DMS had "no counterplay", whilst they gave killers downs left and right. You don't go down constantly, you don't get hit by these perks. It's not that hard to understand. There are more than enough strong loops in maps to where you can easily run the killer for 40+ seconds each time. We can't keep balancing off bad survivors.

  • Eruption is like the only perk that rewards killers for getting downs. You want to take that away, you once again will be taking away killers' incentive to go for multiple chases.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3248473#Comment_3248473

    I don't want to get too far into the weeds here, but Tru3 starts off with an ironclad view of what he considers to be skilled DbD play and bases his viewpoints off of that. There's never consideration on his part that he may be wrong about what constitutes skilled play at the highest level. For instance: looping and not playing tiles on the survivor end. You see this at the competitive level i.e. the highest level. Most teams will tell you a 10 second chase in the correct part of the map is better than a 1 minute chase in the wrong side of the map. You will get benched as a survivor if you're trying to extend chases in bad areas and not creating space. It looks like terrible survivor play if your only definition of good play is looping.

    DbD at a high level is much less about tile optimization and more about space creation and positioning. And I think a lot of people get hung up on that, mostly content creators. It's not accidental efficiency on the survivor end in many cases. It's creating space. And the killer needs to recognize a valid opportunity for a valuable down vs giving too much space.

    And regarding Eruption strategy, killers will absolutely kick gens at all costs with the Eruption/CoB build in my experience. It's almost always a 20 minute slog of gen kicking and trying to get the killer to commit to something.

    I mean the only really skillful thing a survivor can do is loop well with what they are given, comp player's are really good at playing efficiently but was it really that hard for them to not go in the direction of other survivors when on comms? Every comp team I have played against which tbf is not more than 4 in the last 5 months that flaunted it openly, had one good chaser and the rest just pre-throw, hold w and split on gens. They are good team's but survivor's most expressive skill is by far looping.

  • @Volcz said:

    I was in True's stream today and people got on me for saying it was a horribly designed perk. They decided to blame it on the whole SWF vs Solo problem. I agreed noting SWF and Solo are night/day but by them saying that, they unknowingly were agreeing with me that it was fundamentally a horribly thought out and designed perk.

    I asked True what the counterplay was for Eruption as a solo player and I kid you not, he said just don't get downed. I exitted the channel a few seconds later.

    lol he is a delusional streamer catering for a special-minded type of players. I don't blame him, it's his job after all.

    However, i would never take him seriously for any balance changes or even advice.

  • @Volcz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3247964#Comment_3247964

    Oh I know. I can usually just shrug or agree to disagree w/ him. But the topic on Eruption blew my mind. So killer biased he downplays real issues survivors have b/c he can't give them any leaway. & then his chat leaps to defend and I'm like ??? I had to get out of there today, lol.

    Damn that is not even killer biased that is like not cabable understanding the other side at all. His counter basically only works agains't new killer who can be looped very long time. But if the skill level is more equal survivor will get downed eventually. And in 3 gen scenario even bad killer can easily get eruption value without much effort.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3248473#Comment_3248473

    I don't want to get too far into the weeds here, but Tru3 starts off with an ironclad view of what he considers to be skilled DbD play and bases his viewpoints off of that. There's never consideration on his part that he may be wrong about what constitutes skilled play at the highest level. For instance: looping and not playing tiles on the survivor end. You see this at the competitive level i.e. the highest level. Most teams will tell you a 10 second chase in the correct part of the map is better than a 1 minute chase in the wrong side of the map. You will get benched as a survivor if you're trying to extend chases in bad areas and not creating space. It looks like terrible survivor play if your only definition of good play is looping.

    DbD at a high level is much less about tile optimization and more about space creation and positioning. And I think a lot of people get hung up on that, mostly content creators. It's not accidental efficiency on the survivor end in many cases. It's creating space. And the killer needs to recognize a valid opportunity for a valuable down vs giving too much space.

    And regarding Eruption strategy, killers will absolutely kick gens at all costs with the Eruption/CoB build in my experience. It's almost always a 20 minute slog of gen kicking and trying to get the killer to commit to something.

    Tru3 had a game today on demo. He was using barbed glasses+lepros lichen on midwich elementary school. Remember that Demo has base-kit pallet break and he is using an add-on that makes you break pallet faster, so in theory, its suppose punish survivor for pre-dropping pallets. The summary of the game was that the survivor team(SWF) just pre-drop every single pallet, the survivor did not loop a single pallet. Tru3 lost with 1 kill, 3 escape. In his opinion, He thinks that skillful play on survivor side is pre-drop pallets and m1 generators. He does not think that killer is skillful role because of the gen speed vs chase hook ratio and pallet design in the game in which Tru3 attributes to SWF being imbalanced.

    I am not interested in going into the details. your opinion is closer to mine but my explanation would be different.

1 2 ›