One concern i have about the patch note

The part about the cheating

patch notes.png

I think you gave too much information, maybe its me being an armchair but i think you should have been vague or just not talk about it at all.

Comments

  • I mean, this is still vague enough for hackers to not immediately know what they did. And in that time, I have no doubt they already knew what powers of theirs have been taken away.

  • If they added server-sided checks that kick in when impossible things happen (like there being two killers or someone having 100 Boil Overs), I'm not sure there's much the cheaters could actually do to get around that. Certainly they'd have to rebuild from the ground up, which they'd already be doing.

    I trust BHVR knows what it's doing when it releases this sort of information.

  • These fixes are already live. Cheaters are well aware of them already as these cheats will no longer work. That said, when it comes to upcoming fixes, you are absolutely right about giving to much information which is why we tend to be vague until they have gone through.

  • @Yatol said:

    The part about the cheating

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/12TUEFCXKP66/patch-notes.png

    I think you gave too much information, maybe its me being an armchair but i think you should have been vague or just not talk about it at all.

    Where are the patch notes? I only see bug fixes in the news forum

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/352630/one-concern-i-have-about-the-patch-note

    Where are the patch notes? I only see bug fixes in the news forum

    i used the wrong language its a developer update

    if you want the TLDR:

    BOTS for custom matches,

    visual rework for pallets,

    breakable walls and basement,

    changes to flashlight mechanic with some controversy over the fact that locker blinds will no longer be a thing,

    matchmaking update,

    the update on cheating that is the topic of this thread

    and bans on unsportsmanlike behavior