The Bad Healing Perks

I think by now everyone knows what the the great healing perks are.

Botany Knowledge, Circle of Healing, We'll make it

These can be brought by themselves and can easily save a game

Then there are the good ones.

WGTF, Desperate Measures, Inner Healing

Still useful but more situational and might need some set up.

Then there are the okay ones

Renewal, For the People, Bite the Bullet, Self Care

These perks are okay by themselves but really shine when used with others or require a decent amount of set up.

And then there are the bad ones.

Resurgence, Reactive Healing, Solidarity, Pharmacy, and Autodidact

The first three are bad for one main reason: Hemorrhage. This effect makes all of these abilities pointless because you will any of the healing progress you had in a blink of an eye. On top of that, being able to actually get a health state from these effects is rather unlikely. Pharmacy got "buffed" and by buffed I mean nerfed to ground. The fact that you no longer get a faster chest opening speed by default makes this perk worthless to run. Autodidact problem is consistency. Even if you have all of the stacks, if you get no skill checks you are out of luck. A problem that all of these perks suffer from is the fact that they don't help you recover from a bad situation by themselves. They need entire builds built around them to just be weaker versions of stronger perks. Why should I bring resurgence when I can just bring Renewal? Sure, I have to heal someone beforehand but now hemorrhage no longer negates my perk. Why should I bring Solidarity when I can use Circle of Healing? Why should I use Autodidact when I could just use Botany Knowledge?

I have tried to make these perks work but I have ran into a situation where one of these perks saved the game that could not have been done much easier with a stronger healing perk.

Comments

  • I get your point but its consistency vs chance in a lot of these. Botany is good in all healing circumstance. It provides a consistent 5.5 seconds off a heal. But when you get a skill check with Autodidact a at max ranks it take 8 seconds off a heal. This takes several heals to occur but at that point Auto becomes better than Botany.

    Same thing with renewal and resurgence. Renewal has a condition if its not met you get nothing. Resurgence is always there.

    Solidarity and reactive healing dont require totems. which arent a guarentee.

    Pharmacy can often be used just to leave the trial with a green med kit to add to you inventory.

    I do understand what you are saying and do think that these perks could use a buff to be more usable but they do provide unique functions.

  • Autodidact can come in mega clutch, but unfortunately - I like to run it a lot, and the opposite can happen where you get that first or second skill check at a time you really can't afford it, like picking up a slug while the killer is coming back. To me, that's even riskier than the quite likely possibility that Autodidact does nothing at all.

    Still, I think it has more value than Solidarity or Reactive Healing, both of which are terrible even without Hemorrhage completely destroying them. And Pharmacy was fine before they made it only work when you're injured, which destroyed the best and safest way to use it.

  • I posted buff ideas for a few of these perks once before

    Bite The Bullet

    Buff: All survivors within 8 meters from you are affected by the perk and it lingers for 15 seconds when not in range anymore. 

    Solidarity

    Buff: Increases self-healing action speed by 10% and for every teammate within 16 meters range from you another 10% is added to a maximum of 40%

    Resurgence 

    Buff: Increases to 75% when unhooked in the struggle phase and automatically 50% of health when recovered from dying state at any time. 


    My buff ideas for underused survivor/killer perks — Dead By Daylight

  • You think reactive healing is bad? Well to each their own I guess , I love the perk lol