Can you clarify something about bans?
Im all for less toxicity in the game, but how do you treat each report?
What false reporting? Any clarification on that? I've been called a cheater by people who dont understand the game or are salty after a loss. How about being accused of something in game and you didnt do it? Even worse yet what about a swf that mass flags you just to spite you? That goes for 3 mans reporting on the odd one out and killer. You guys have any clarification on this?
Comments
We don't ban unless we have sufficient evidence of a rules infraction. So mass reporting doesn't do anything unless the person that's being reported has actually done something.
False reporting can lead to access to Support being revoked, but this is in extreme cases.
Mandy I have a question to tack on if thats okay. The FAQ for bannable offenses doesnt mention anything on sportsmanlike behavior however its one of the reportable categories. I am not referring to teabagging or tunnelling but things actually in the sportmanlike category. An example would be if a killer brought franklins demise, ensured everyone dropped their item and then DCed to ensure that they didnt get the item when they escaped. Is this category bannable and if not why is the report available for that category?
Had this happen. But if you think about it a killer with no offerings, no add ons loses nothing but the time they spend knocking out the items.
we mention what is considered Unsportsmanlike Behaviour in the game rules. A player disconnecting for any reason will be covered under the disconnect penalty, which is automatic.
What is lag switching?
Yeah but how would you know that anyone did anything wrong? Theres no match playback so you are taking people at their word or do all in game reports require a recording?
Today I had a really, really bad ping, so much that I had to hit some survivors three times in a row in order for the hits to register. One survivor jumped back up from the ground two times in a row. It was somewhat funny, but also pretty distressing. One of the survivors accused me of lag switching, but I think the others didn't think so, because I was pretty much at a detriment the whole game. A restart of the PC aleviated the problem, so maybe it was just some gunked up memory.