Is the Jill portrait supposed to update already?
Mine is still the old one
Mine is still the old one
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
🤔sheva
Legendary cosmetic
Oh yeah. Maybe take that cosmetic off? Idk ur just special
Makes no sense, and of course I have already played with Jill, Sheva and Claire
Portrait stayed the same
You might need to update your cache, if you haven't already tried that.
How do I do that?
For DBD, I think you do it by verifying your game files. Right click it in Steam and go Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
That said, I haven't had this issue before, so I might be wrong about this being the way to fix it. I know this is a fairly common issue that happens when your computer still has the old image saved and never loads the new file as a result.
I did the verification and still the same
I cleared the download cache on my steam client, and still the same
I wonder why
Huh. I'm sorry I can't help more. Hopefully someone with more experience will see this and tell you how to fix it.
Delete your icons folder. Then when the game relaunches it automatically recreates it. I had the same issue when they updated legion add-ons. It happened to me because i re-downloaded default icons from DBD Icon Toolbox.
I wish I had the option to go back to the old icons for the RE characters. I don't care for the new ones, particularly Jill's. She looks stern/stoic/badass in the old icon, while in the new icon she looks rather soft/timid/scared, which is not Jill Valentine at all.
vs
Gonna try that
Damn she went from stoic and strong to crackhead hella fast.
Hey, it worked. Thanks!
Do you know if the game has any other updated icons that I might not be aware of?
You're welcome 😄
Afaik the only other thing they updated was some legion add-on icons. That was in 5.7.0, so around april.