Eruption is an extremely unfun perk for solo survivors
I'm sorry if this will come off as a sort of a rant, but last match I played I spent more than 2 minutes not being able to do anything thanks to the incapacitated status effect. The worst thing is that everytime I got hit by Eruption I kept thinking that if I were on SWF/comms I could easily avoid it.
The problem here is that as killer I find Eruption very fun, since it makes kicking gens feel much more rewarding, but I can't stop thinking how solos gets majorly screwed by this perks.
Maybe it could more fun if survivors got incapacitated only when coop repairing, or something similar. I honestly don't know how to keep the theme of the perk while still making it enjoyable for both sides, but in its current state it is not.
Comments
Eruption users almost always run it in combination with other slowdown perks so it ends up becoming a nearly impossible task. On top of this it makes it very easy to force survivors into a 3gen, and in a soloQ setting there is no way to warn your teammates that the killer is only defending one area.
For me, once I notice the killer is running multiple slow downs and trying to force a 3 gen, I just go next. I am going to lose anyway.
Eruption is certainly problematic atm. It basically makes any 3 gen situation nearly impossible to break. Don't get me wrong it should be hard to break a 3 gen, but Eruption adds an entirely new layer of difficulty to it.
How to fix eruption:
The generator repair status setback should be buffed and the time out of action should be nerfed.
If SWF did not exist, it could have been nerfed more correctly and significantly.
You're not wrong but SWF is an extremely unfun experience for solo killers.
Eruption should be changed so that it cant be defeated by voice coms but locks the generator in a state of regression for a long time after eruption - maybe 45 seconds where it cannot be stopped regressing.