Description of the issue: The Killer Challenge "Reverent" from Tome 13 requires to sacrifice 4 Survivors to the Entity. I got a 4K and only a progress of 3 Survivors. See screenshot:
Steps to reproduce: Equip the challenge and try to get it in one trial with a 4K. I think it is either because there were two Megs or because of the Crossplay-Survivor.
In my last 2 killer matches where I've been working on getting the 15 required sacrifices for the Tome 6 Level 3 Reverent challenge, the game has been inconsistent and even wrong about the way it adds up sacrifices. In the match before my previous match I got 2 sacrifices while 2 players DC'd and it gave me 3 sacrifices (I had 3/15 before that match and 6/15 after). Originally I thought it meant the game counted one of the DC's but not the other.
Then my next match happened where I sacrificed all 4 survivors on hooks and the sacrifice count went from 6/15 to 9/15. As we know 6 + 4 = 10, not 9, so something is wrong with the game. One of the sacrifices might have happened on a Scourge Hook since I know I used the Pain Resonance perk in that match, though I did not bring that perk in the previous match. So is there seems to be a consistency problem with DC's being counted as sacrifices and a general hook count problem as seen by my last match where there were no DC's and I still did not get credited for all 4 sacrifices.
I streamed the matches so I can provide video proof if needed, but I'm very annoyed that a challenge that already requires multiple matches to complete will now require even more matches. What would I need to do to be credited those 2 sacrifices (one due to DC and my 1 hook sacrifice that wasn't counted) to that challenge's counter?
Just finished playing as Demogorgon, trying to get the Hag skin unlocked. It was my only game after starting up DBD. Got three sacrifices, one mori, and didn't finish the challenge of completing two sacrifices.
Perks: Hexes Undying, Devour Hope, and Retribution in addition to Rancor. Played on Wrecker's Yard with no offerings or add-ons.
Unrelated, but I also submitted a bug report for challenges not progressing earlier today on the survivor side. This is just disappointing as I can't play often and want the rewards from this event while I can participate.
EDIT - So I've actually got the challenge done. I completed another killer challenge, and then went back to this one and was able to complete it. I thought I had attempted that before, but I'm unsure what other variables are involved.
ORIGINAL - I have completed this challenge multiple times over at this point - I have done another killer challenge successfully in this tome, then switched back to this one, same result. I have also tried restarting before getting it done again. I'd really like the swamp thing skin!
I am currently doing the challenge 'Reverent' from Tome 6, level 3. I noticed that even after getting a 4K, the game only adds 3 progress to the challenge. I don't know if this is specific for this tome or if this happens with other, similar challenges as well.
Step 2: Select Reverent challenge on Tome 13, Page 1.
Step 3: Play as killer as the Wraith.
Step 4: In Game, sacrifice survivors.
Character played: Wraith
Perks used: Hex: Devour Hope, Hex: Haunted Ground, Hex: Retribution, No Way Out
Add ons used: Coxcombed Clapper, "All seeing"- Blood
Map(s): Mount Ormond Resort, Dead Dawg Saloon
I had played 3 games (the first post game I didn't screenshot because I thought it was probably a 1 off) the first game I got 1 kill and the next 2 I sacrificed all 4. Not sure if it had to do with the tome, the killer or anything in my build. All I know is the challenge wasn't making progress. If it helps my build was almost the same outside of a different map offerings. I also know it's not my side because I still was able to earn xp and blood points.
Since it seems that the cage is supposed to count as a sacrifice to the entity when doing the Reverent challenge, it seems weird for it not to work when you cage someone that ends the game, resulting in a loss of a sacrifice that you were supposed to get
Step 1 : Boot the game
Step 2 : select the Reverent challenge from any tome
step 3: Play as pyramid head
Step 4 : In-game, send the last survivor standing to a cage of atonement
Step 5 : Notice that it does not count the survivor that you last sent to the cage of atonement
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Character played: pyramid head
Perks played: any
Map: any
Frequency of the issue: 100% of the time
It makes things more difficult for me as a single cage kill will not count towards the challenge, so if I kill one survivor using the cage, it doesn't count, if I send two, it only counts one, and if I sent three, it counts two, etc
The loadout and map do not effect this, it only does not count the last survivor (I notice that when sending the last survivor to a cage it does not give the "Sacrifice" score event so I think that is what causes the issue as every other survivor that is in a cage when I send the last survivor to one has a "Sacrifice" score event after the "captive sacrifice" score event
My 1st match I got 4 sacrifices & got credited only 3 of them. In the 2nd match (seen above) I got 3 sacrifices (the 4th bled out so it wouldn't count) and only got credited 2. This sucks because nothing has been done despite how long ago all of us have reported this issue and this is my very last tome challenge I need to 100% all previous tomes in the compendium.
Oh it happened again yesterday when I played a match for the Tome 13 Level 3 Reverent. I got 1 kill as Nurse and it didn't count it & I got 0 progress. I can't believe this is still not fixed. New things are being added yet broken things that have been broken for a while or maybe since their inception are left unaddressed. I guess there's no money in fixing the bug that plagues every Reverent challenge so who cares. smh
Happened to me, too. I made sure all of them died on a hook (one of them apparently gave up struggling) and yet only 3 of 4 sacrifices were accounted for.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
A new duplicate is posted and so I'm Up with this report. Duplicate posted after this report.
Edit: Added a new duplicate posted.
It happened again in the Tome 7 Level 3 Reverent challenge:
I sacrificed all 4 survivors in my 1st attempt at the challenge & progressed with only 3 sacrifices in the challenge instead of 4.
And I know I will keep getting shortchanged a sacrifice every match I do in this thing.
Happened again in Tome 8:
My 1st match I got 4 sacrifices & got credited only 3 of them. In the 2nd match (seen above) I got 3 sacrifices (the 4th bled out so it wouldn't count) and only got credited 2. This sucks because nothing has been done despite how long ago all of us have reported this issue and this is my very last tome challenge I need to 100% all previous tomes in the compendium.
I'll raise it so that no more duplicates will be posted. I hope this will be fixed ASAP.
Mine isn't exactly a duplicate cuz you did not mention anything about pyramid head's cages
Oh it happened again yesterday when I played a match for the Tome 13 Level 3 Reverent. I got 1 kill as Nurse and it didn't count it & I got 0 progress. I can't believe this is still not fixed. New things are being added yet broken things that have been broken for a while or maybe since their inception are left unaddressed. I guess there's no money in fixing the bug that plagues every Reverent challenge so who cares. smh
Happened to me, too. I made sure all of them died on a hook (one of them apparently gave up struggling) and yet only 3 of 4 sacrifices were accounted for.
After a string of frustrating matches, and one where I messed up by Sadako mori'ing one of the three, I finally get this done... except I don't.
Yep, I've gotten robbed by this as well. At this point just hire someone to fix achievement/archive challenge bugs because there's so many constantly.
Happened to me too
4 Kills, Counts Only 3
Steam .
Someone in BHVR Staff doesnt know how to count to 4 🤣🤣😋🤪