Doctor improvements?

Doctor kind of flies under the radar quite a bit when it comes to discussing killers, as he's not particularly strong but he's not so weak that he's miserable to play or even difficult. He's certainly one of the most unique killers, but I think there's a couple aspects of his kit that could be improved to make him better.

The first is his illusions. The pallets work or they don't, that's fine, but the illusionary Doctors are only good for one thing and that's information. They don't fool survivors by any means, but the killer can see their auras from anywhere on the map, and they only spawn next to survivors. I think more can be done. The obvious idea would be to make these illusions more realistic. Have them actually chase survivors with chase music and bloodstain included. Of course they can't actually harm survivors and their movements would be quite simple. It'd also create some fun situations where the real Doctor could pretend to be bot, and if the survivor guessed wrong they'd get hit ot downed.

The only other part of the Doctors kit that feels meh, is his anti-loop. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and other times you're spending time shocking a single survivor over and over until the right opportunity. Messing with the duration would be incredibly messy, so I was thinking maybe a small hindered effect? Either applying it after a number of shocks or applying it for a certain amount of time after every shock. 3% or 5%, maybe lower, maybe higher to make a noticeable difference if 5% doesn't make a difference.

That's my ideas anyway, and I know no one particularly likes Doctor as survivor but he's an incredibly unique killer that deserves a little love.

Comments

  • Doctor is a very hard killer to balance properly because his kit focuses on denying survivors their tools to survive instead of enhancing his own abilities. This is inherently unfun to a lot of players regardless of how strong he is. His kit is super strong against new players but struggles against experienced players.

    Hindered would only add to his annoyance factor. I’d say reduce his detonation time and increase the range so he doesn’t rely on add ons for either of those things

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Doctor is a very hard killer to balance properly because his kit focuses on denying survivors their tools to survive instead of enhancing his own abilities. This is inherently unfun to a lot of players regardless of how strong he is. His kit is super strong against new players but struggles against experienced players.

    Hindered would only add to his annoyance factor. I’d say reduce his detonation time and increase the range so he doesn’t rely on add ons for either of those things

    That is what this post is about, at least the first part anyways which makes his power a bit more intractable rather than just straight up information that you often can't even do anything with.

  • I just think he needs like -15s on static blast cooldown and the -10% shock delay addon base kit. Latency makes the shock incredibly unreliable.

  • I used to main Doctor. I think in terms of strength he is ok. I would like to see his Mouldy Electrode and maybe a -10% delay on the shock basekit but other than that he is fine in the right hands. His anti-loop is often underestimated but a seasoned Doctor will be quite oppressive in chase.

    I like the idea of the illusory Doctors moving but the game can't even handle more than 2 zombies at once. I think this might just be too much.