So, Sadako is actually kinda fun
I never thought I would want to play her, with the perception of her being a weaker killer, thanks to all the streamers I watch pretty much looping the heck out of her. But I really wanted her scourge perk, and decided to pour all my BP into her on rank reset to get her to prestige 1. I had forgotten about the event, and got a ton of the dousing rods on her so thought to make use of them just for the extra BP.
I threw on Distressing and Thrill of the Hunt for my first couple of games (with Corrupt and her scourge perk as the other two slots) with her, thinking "I'll just farm for BP at least when I get outplayed," but I really underestimated her kit. I threw a lot of people off guard with my teleporting, I got one kill with her condemn when I wasn't using the BP brown add-on, and kept up in a lot of decent chases. The blight add-on being used on her is also pretty hilarious.
I know rank reset just happened, but I have had a chance to go against some better skilled survivors in some of these matches too; even if I don't 4k those games have been pretty great!
And I haven't even attempted to try out her condemn build yet, nor have I swapped Distressing and Thrill out either, so I'm definitely gonna have to play her more!
Comments
She's actually a pretty strong killer if you learn her. Don't listen to all the whiners who need to excuse why they can't 4K with her by slandering her power, she's pretty much got everything in the book. Stealth, mobility, slowdown, can kill survivors without hooking, even some limited chase!
What have I been saying for the past 6 months
Slaydako Yassamura strikes again ๐
I have to admit, I was one of those whiners.
Still I played her and loved her. She has the right feeling which is the most important part in a Killer.
The main issue with her is that you rarely see the effects of your slowdown, stealth or chasing power. You do not see how much you condemned somebody and you have no idea when you are invisible to a survivor, when you are flickering and what those damn "longer flickering" and "different flickering" add-ons do.
This led to a weird scenario for me: I win my matches but I have no idea how and when it was my power or how I could improve here.
Maybe she does not need a buff, but a slight hint when and how much you are flickering would be nice.
Sadako is a pretty good licensed killer. She nails the feel of the movie while playing her which is the most important thing imo
With regard to the invisibility issue, as you're playing her watch her hands, they will phase in and out of visibility, essentially when you see her hands the survivors can see you but I am not sure how latency may change that if it even does.