Can other cheating players get you banned?
For these who don't know, Otzdarva (most famous content creator and streamer for Dbd) played one game as Sadako and someone other Survivor put on him many perks (all scourge hooks, noed, hexes, etc.) while he of course didn't have all these perks. Lucky for him, he is famous and he streamed that game so he is safe from getting an accident ban.
Now for all other players who are not recording or streaming their games... can you get banned if some cheater puts these buffs on you? Because if some regular player records it and reports you while the Killer is not cheater but it looks like he is... can you get banned? That would be crazy.
I hope cheaters can't let other players get banned by giving other players unfair advantages.
Comments
I too am concerned about this now since I heard about it this morning. I didn't see the stream, but another streamer was watching and she posted about it in her Discord.
Happens in other games so I'm inclined to believe that dbd is no different.
A few months ago I had a survivor cheater that gave to me (killer) free pentimento even when I didn't have the perk ๐
I noticed it late game since I saw a white totem aura and then I realized what was going on.
Don't worry. If you're NOT cheating you don't even have to think of getting banned. Just submit a report of you having perks you haven't equipped and you're fine.
It's already so ridiculously hard to get banned (there are freaking youtube channels out there advertising they are cheating for crying out loud) someone would need video evidence of you doing something blatantly cheating related and nobody else. I wouldn't worry about it.