Blight Infinite Turn Degree

It seems that Blight players are able to turn corners at an alarming rate by swinging their weapon mid bounce. I don’t know if this is intended, but when playing as survivor it feels extremely oppressive.

When I say oppressive, I mean that it feels like there’s no counter play. There’s nothing that the survivor can do to prevent the Blight from immediately ending the chase.

It’s a bad experience, not much else to say. When I play with my wife sometimes we kill ourselves when we have to play against a blight. It’s not fun. We just go to the next match.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I'm confused. Mid bounce? You can't attack while slamming into something.

    Do you mean mid rush? Depending on the context I can tell you if this is/ isn't intended

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    I'm confused. Mid bounce? You can't attack while slamming into something.

    Do you mean mid rush? Depending on the context I can tell you if this is/ isn't intended

    Yes, mid rush. I only ever played Blight to get his teachables and it’s been at least a year since I’ve played him so I don’t remember all his killer power terminology.

    I didn’t find any fun in running into walls, felt very jarring.

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232192#Comment_3232192

    Yes, mid rush. I only ever played Blight to get his teachables and it’s been at least a year since I’ve played him so I don’t remember all his killer power terminology.

    I didn’t find any fun in running into walls, felt very jarring.

    Then yes, it's likely intended.

    Blight can turn up to 90 degrees during a rush followed by another 90 degrees after pressing the attack button. This is fully intended.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232566#Comment_3232566

    Then yes, it's likely intended.

    Blight can turn up to 90 degrees during a rush followed by another 90 degrees after pressing the attack button. This is fully intended.

    Okay I don't have to do something that's obviously not fun. If I have to, I will body block Blight until he kills me. If that's actually intended, then I feel that either Behavior has

    1. A huge disconnect with how the game actually performs
    2. Has never played past low MMR
    3. Simply have never played the game.


    I get that you enjoy playing Blight and want to keep your Blight main the way he is, but it's not fun to play against. I can see from your previous posts that you suggest things like Thanatophobia effecting heal times, which it used to do and was extremely oppressive.

  • "Perhaps we could have others chime in who are more interested in having a balanced experience?"

    I see, you are just looking for an echo chamber to support your claims.

    Btw, GrimReaperJr1232 just stated facts and explained how blight's rush works ingame, no reason to get so offensive...

  • @Hermit said:

    "Perhaps we could have others chime in who are more interested in having a balanced experience?"

    I see, you are just looking for an echo chamber to support your claims.

    Btw, GrimReaperJr1232 just stated facts and explained how blight's rush works ingame, no reason to get so offensive...

    It's a fact that currently you can fake a vault by clicking your flashlight right before doing the fast vault. Obviously that's also intended, because it's a fact that it currently behaves that way in the game. Obviously not a bug, Behaviour doesn't have bugs in their game.

    It literally plays the animation and loud noise notification as if you were vaulting, but you can go the opposite direction of the vault and you do not actually vault. Totally intended. ... As killer mains, do you think that's intended?

  • I'm not a Blight main. I never gave an opinion on the subject. I only answered a question.

  • So then by your logic, the fake vault is also intended.

    Also the infinite flashbang bug tech is also intended.

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233018#Comment_3233018

    So then by your logic, the fake vault is also intended.

    Also the infinite flashbang bug is also intended.

    I... what? Where are you getting this?

    I literally asked McLean, the guy who had a hand in creating Blight is this was intended, and he explained that yes, it was. Fully intended.

    All I have done is answer a question as factually and objectively as possible.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233032#Comment_3233032

    I... what? Where are you getting this?

    I literally asked McLean, the guy who had a hand in creating Blight is this was intended, and he explained that yes, it was. Fully intended.

    All I have done is answer a question as factually and objectively as possible.

    That is not what you said. Here let me remind you:

    "Blight can turn up to 90 degrees during a rush followed by another 90 degrees after pressing the attack button. This is fully intended."


    Did you you say "Behaviour has said that it is fully intened"? No you did not.

  • Yea, it is stressful. Because there's a penalty that doesn't let you leave the game when you get paired against a killer that is poorly tuned so you have to go die instead.

    I'm a killer main myself. I have every single killer minimum prestige 3. I only play survivor with my wife. I want to have fun when we play. But playing against the blight is guaranteed to not be fun because you can't out play his ridiculous 360 spins around corners..

  • You asked a question. I answered. If you asked for my source, I'd share it. It would have been a reasonable request.

    I don't know if you're stressed out or you've had a bad day, but... this is not an appropriate response to someone just answering a simple question.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233058#Comment_3233058

    Buddy, calm down.

    You asked a question. I answered. If you asked for my source, I'd share it. It would have been a reasonable request.

    What you've done is say i cannot have a discussion in balance, write me off as an entitled killer main, and then say I'm a Blight main that wants an OP killer.

    I don't know if you're stressed out or you've had a bad day, but... this is not an appropriate response to someone just answering a simple question.

    It's funny because you never said,

    "Oh yes you can avoid the 360 spin around corners by doing XYZ"

    You just claim it's intended. Lol.

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233066#Comment_3233066

    It's funny because you never said,

    "Oh yes you can avoid the 360 spin around corners by doing XYZ"

    You just claim it's intended. Lol.

    I... I am so confused.

    You expressed confusion at if something was intended. I answered. You never asked for advice or anything else. I'd more than happily give whatever I can.

    If a Blight wants to do a 180 around a corner, they'll need to look down because of how Blight's collision works (yes, changing your pitch to manipulate your collision has been stated by McLean to also be intentional). If you think a Blight is attempting it, then they're blind while committing hard to it. So just... go another direction.

    I never claimed if I believe something is balanced or otherwise. I'm only answering questions as factually as I can.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233084#Comment_3233084

    I... I am so confused.

    You expressed confusion at if something was intended. I answered. You never asked for advice or anything else. I'd more than happily give whatever I can.

    If a Blight wants to do a 180 around a corner, they'll need to look down because of how Blight's collision works (yes, changing your pitch to manipulate your collision has been stated by McLean to also be intentional). If you think a Blight is attempting it, then they're blind while committing hard to it. So just... go another direction.

    I never claimed if I believe something is balanced or otherwise. I'm only answering questions as factually as I can.

    image.png

    That "looking down" thing you mentioned is not intended and they are removing it, thank god.

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233095#Comment_3233095

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YPWBL9PYK7C6/image.png

    That "looking down" thing you mentioned is not intended and they are removing it, thank god.

    That's not what I meant.

    What I described is rushing, approaching a corner, looking down while turning into a corner, and then swinging at the end.

    Hug tech is hugging a wall, looking down to trick the collision system there are no objects in front of you, you begin a rush already colliding into an object so the system ignores the collision, and so you slide off the surface.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233099#Comment_3233099

    That's not what I meant.

    What I described is rushing, approaching a corner, looking down while turning into a corner, and then swinging at the end.

    Hug tech is hugging a wall, looking down to trick the collision system there are no objects in front of you, you begin a rush already colliding into an object so the system ignores the collision, and so you slide off the surface.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7zpFMYFVo&ab_channel=notOtzdarva


    No, that "looking down" thing is hug tech. You are wrong.

  • Skip to 5:58. You can see him do it. He looks straight down at the ground and then activates the rush. After doing so, he slides against the wall allowing him to bend around the corner without colliding.

  • Stepping in with a quick reminder, please remember to keep comments civil and respectful, there is no need to bite at others for commenting. Also, this is a public Forum; all are welcome to comment on posts, so long as the Forum Rules are followed by all while doing so. Thank you.

  • @EQWashu said:

    Stepping in with a quick reminder, please remember to keep comments civil and respectful, there is no need to bite at others for commenting. Also, this is a public Forum; all are welcome to comment on posts, so long as the Forum Rules are followed by all while doing so. Thank you.

    He lied though. He said that this bug was intended yet Behavior has stated that it is in fact a bug and are working on fixing it, then tried to gaslight me. Like I’m crazy for not believing him.

  • @roundpitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233018#Comment_3233018

    So then by your logic, the fake vault is also intended.

    Also the infinite flashbang bug is also intended.

    Wym infinite flashbang? Dont you still have to earn them?

  • @not_requested49 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233032#Comment_3233032

    Wym infinite flashbang? Dont you still have to earn them?

    Yes, but gens can regress. If you let gens regress you can keep stockpiling your flash bangs. Works better with blenddette immersive bush tech build. (Hide when the killer comes to check your gen)