is Hag really A tier killer?
A tier = Strong/ Hight tier Killer
I don't know about that... I feel like there are some easy counters to her. If they send you to some good map for them and they have flashlights... good luck.
A tier = Strong/ Hight tier Killer
I don't know about that... I feel like there are some easy counters to her. If they send you to some good map for them and they have flashlights... good luck.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
against solos on a good map for her if she has rusty shackles and dried cicada? yes
any other scenario? no
"Jump scare" addon is pretty strong on her that's true. I usualy don't run strong addons on her, just some brown / yellow ones.
Hag is definitely (bottom) A-Tier, but I think you could also put her Top B-Tier.
Her best build is probably Blocking Hag, where survivors cannot walk through the husks. With that (Iri-Shoes) + Purple Addon - the 4th), you can shut down every pallet/window or, on indoor maps, imprisone survivors in a room for some time.
Her major weakness is Flashlight-Gameplay.
Possibly but from my observations it seems to be that most of my random team mates are absolutely clueless against her. Guaranteed the second I unhook them they will run and set off the trap I just crouch walked over to not set off...
I used to play her a fair bit a couple of years ago and against smart teams who understand her counters, playing Hag is utter pain
There are top tier Hag players who do consistently well with her even against survivors who have good map sense and flashlights. Basically her strength lies in the fact that she doesn’t care as much about loops and chases as other killers so as long as she’s strategically using her traps well they can score her hits fairly quickly. Yes, swfs with flashlights and good healing work best against her, but swfs generally work best against any killer so that’s not really unusual.
As far as beating groups like that, Hag mains like Michi seem to do well by understanding what they are doing and adjusting their trap placements accordingly, such as setting up trap combos where the swf member might have seen Hag place one trap but doesn’t realize they placed a different one out of sight of that survivor along the same route. Or setting pairs of traps so Hag can injure someone, and then when the survivor runs away they hit a new trap right as Hag finishes recovering from the first trap for a one-two down. Michi also uses Make Your Choice frequently for Exposed hits to further counter healing.
So all in all Hag mains can do fairly well, especially against average players. Her weaknesses keep her from going above A or B tier on most lists but I don’t know that many people put her below that.
I'd even go so far as to say she is "S" tier on a map like Midwich where it is small enough for her to teleport to ANY trap
Against newbies, yes. She otherwise is mediocre.
Can vouch for this. I played against her on this map last night and honestly felt that there was very little I could do, as I was soloing without a flashlight and she was just everywhere at once gaining massive pressure.
C tier at best very overrated by players who don't understand her counterplay
She can be. As others have said, most players don't know what to do against Hag (this goes for the likes of Otz/etc as well).
People will always say to harass her traps but that's actually really bad practice against an experienced Hag. The counterplay is a lot simpler than that. Hold W up the walls of the map away from her 3 gen and run early. She either commits to a long chase away from her web with no traps or she gets no downs. There's no reason to run a tile against her and risk stepping in a trap. It takes her 40+ seconds just to catch up to W holding on the map walls in a straight line if she hard commits, and that's enough time to break her 3 gen.