Having that simple AI you showed off be implemented
I'd love for singleplayer to be a thing, i'd play both that and multiplayer.
You can just implement it, then evolve it by observing the results people give you for playing against them.
I'd love for singleplayer to be a thing, i'd play both that and multiplayer.
You can just implement it, then evolve it by observing the results people give you for playing against them.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Repost of: http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830
Don't think that qualifies as a repost.
And besides, it fits more in this subforum than that one.
Could fit either one, fair enough
Neat suggestion, I'd just say the same thing as I said there.
I agree, I wish I could practice on AI instead of trying to get good with a certain killer on pros that pallet loop me before I know what I'm doing (flashbacks to when I wanted to learn nurse)
I think implementing the AI could be really nice for testing stuff. My friends don't play the game right now and I can't test stuff in Kyf without roping someone else in so I can load in.
Yeah, that's one thing that always bugged me as well.
I'd love to just be able to roam the maps as Survivor or Killer on my own.
I would love a single player mode, they could do something like chapter stories or something where theres a mini story of that chapters killer and survivor, having you pick one or the other and do something story challenges. like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHawK3LzrQ (credit to the you tuber and 3d modeler who made this)
AI is very complicated and hard to code well. While it would be a good idea, it would also be a lot of work, time and energy that could be put to better use improving the features they already have. If you wanted to practice against a killer who won't be unsportsmanlike or troll you, you're not going to get that with single player right away. It would take a long time and lots of experimentation to get the ai to a point where it could stand in for a human player. For now, I would recommend either playing the tutorial or finding a friend to help you practice in KYF.