Why does my team NEVER know how to loop?

baby rant time

They literally don't know how to loop. It's so annoying. Why do I have to loop the killer the entire game and or get tunneled just in order for us to win? How do you have 2-3k+ hours played and can't loop? Or if the killer gets on you, you die within 10 seconds of getting hit? It's like a domino affect. The killer finds someone and hooks them. The killer finds someone else while other guy gets unhooked and healed. In the progress the killer kills someone while the other survivor is getting healed. Other survivor gets healed when another guy is hooked. This is what is irritating me. Yes I know not every game is going to have people who can loop or just distract the killer for a little bit, but like come on. Out of 100 games I would say 4 of those games someone knew how to loop the killer. And no I wish that was an exaggeration.

baby rant over feel free to hate on me in the comments for what I said

Comments

  • Some people have different priorities, they're not playing as a job. While I agree that improving is the best way to both secure agency and to improve the quality of your games, some people are just playing casually or for fun. I spent my first 2 years with the game avoiding loops and chases constantly (as a survivor main,) and the survivor role specifically doesn't require you to play every element of it each match. So some people just avoid their weaknessess instead of improve them, which is generally ok. As long as it doesn't become an excuse for ragequits or other disruptive behavior ingame, of course.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226483#Comment_3226483

    Some people have different priorities, they're not playing as a job. While I agree that improving is the best way to both secure agency and to improve the quality of your games, some people are just playing casually or for fun. I spent my first 2 years with the game avoiding loops and chases constantly (as a survivor main,) and the survivor role specifically doesn't require you to play every element of it each match. So some people just avoid their weaknessess instead of improve them, which is generally ok. As long as it doesn't become an excuse for ragequits or other disruptive behavior ingame, of course.

    Idk what this response is but I didn't ask you and Dito can speak for himself

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226483#Comment_3226483

    Yup, I used to watch a lot and then I just gave up, now I try to stay out of side and take agro when needed.

    Interesting, but I think you can still become good looper. Keep practising!

  • @CoDismylife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226512#Comment_3226512

    Idk what this response is but I didn't ask you and Dito can speak for himself

    You're not asking through any type of private message, and you were implying that its not ok for someone to be experienced with the game yet not be striving for improvement. They can absolutely speak for themselves, which they did, but that doesn't mean nobody is allowed to respond to your post. We'll leave it as a misunderstanding to avoid pointless arguing.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226523#Comment_3226523

    You're not asking through any type of private message, and you were implying that its not ok for someone to be experienced with the game yet not be striving for improvement. They can absolutely speak for themselves, which they did, but that doesn't mean nobody is allowed to respond to your post. We'll leave it as a misunderstanding to avoid pointless arguing.

    Idc

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3223195#Comment_3223195

    You must be exaggarating there just holding W you should last more than 15s before going down.

    My point is not everyone can be an Uber looper like the following people I stated. Like I said everyone plays the game differently. I don't understand why people feel the need to expect a casual player to loop perfectly.

    I won't lie it's been hell trying to loop killers with my rate of success 10%. With that said let people who play the way they want as long as they try. This is the problem with DBD community everyone feels entitled and gets mad if people don't do what they expect you too.

  • @advit said:

    baby rant time

    They literally don't know how to loop. It's so annoying. Why do I have to loop the killer the entire game and or get tunneled just in order for us to win? How do you have 2-3k+ hours played and can't loop? Or if the killer gets on you, you die within 10 seconds of getting hit? It's like a domino affect. The killer finds someone and hooks them. The killer finds someone else while other guy gets unhooked and healed. In the progress the killer kills someone while the other survivor is getting healed. Other survivor gets healed when another guy is hooked. This is what is irritating me. Yes I know not every game is going to have people who can loop or just distract the killer for a little bit, but like come on. Out of 100 games I would say 4 of those games someone knew how to loop the killer. And no I wish that was an exaggeration.

    baby rant over feel free to hate on me in the comments for what I said

    It's not that, its that there is too many cheaters. I just had a round with a HAG that could outrun my sprintburst with no perks or addons that increase run speed. Game is infested with cheaters.

  • @LylakLavender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225257#Comment_3225257

    My point is not everyone can be an Uber looper like the following people I stated. Like I said everyone plays the game differently. I don't understand why people feel the need to expect a casual player to loop perfectly.

    I won't lie it's been hell trying to loop killers with my rate of success 10%. With that said let people who play the way they want as long as they try. This is the problem with DBD community everyone feels entitled and gets mad if people don't do what they expect you too.

    Unfortunately its a consequence of the way the game is designed and balanced. There is very clear ways to improve as either role, and the intensity of one role determines the necessity of another, with absolutely zero indication or preparation possible. Simply put, the more you play and the more seriously your opponent plays, the more you in turn have to step up in order to match their agency. This is because the 4 survivors are supposed to be equal to the 1 killer, which means that each survivor who doesn't carry their weight, needs to be carried by others. Its not particularly fair for anyone, really.

    The game has been long overdue for either approaches at breaking up the tools abused by "the top" or at least separating them from the rest, and MMR was the attempt at that. Unfortunately since the win/loss condition is based specifically on exiting the gates alive, that reliance on the agency of others only got worse, and people feel like they need to take matches more seriously (and thus, get more frustrated.) Many have proposed BHVR split up the queues into ranked and unranked, having swf be an opt in or separate queue, any number of solutions to the issue but the rebuttal has always been that the queues can't afford to be split into even a second gametype, so here we are.

    its an absolute shame, because neither side is wrong. People should be allowed to play for fun and mess around, and people shouldn't lose games they work hard in because of afforementioned goofing off or simply less efficient play. All I can really do is try to help people focus on their own personal play and let go of everything else, especially if they get robbed. People should be able to play at any level of intensity and have it be fun and fair for everyone, but sadly thats not the case in the game currently.

  • @sickdeathfiend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/349918/why-does-my-team-never-know-how-to-loop

    It's not that, its that there is too many cheaters. I just had a round with a HAG that could outrun my sprintburst with no perks or addons that increase run speed. Game is infested with cheaters.

    This is also true, but its a separate issue. The cheating epidemic has been a nightmare for the game's health, and it makes people either question everything or nothing in every match. Its been making a lot of people either apathetic or paranoid.

1 2 ›