Bring back the old ranking system

Due to the increased amount of campers/tunnelers/sluggers,I think it would be the best idea to bring back the old ranking system. Since we cannot really see our MMR,and we are losing it after the match where we die,I don't see the point of it. I am getting tired of being camped or tunneled and then just dropping more and more into the hell. Meanwhile,this killer got their 4k and now their MMR is increased.

I am doing my 'objectives',I am looking out for my teammates and all,but what's the point of it if I will just die? Die go next? And then get the same thing over and over again. I feel like the state of the game is pretty bad with the matchmaking,people are leaving the matches. They don't want to face certain killers anymore,no more teamwork,nothing.

I really love this game and I don't wanna just ditch it,but sometimes I really feel as If I will explode in dissapointment and uninstall it.

The current changes you guys added in the test serves feel like they are more killer sided. Imagine having a game that is maybe 2 minutes long. Killers will now focus more on just downing all of the survivors than hooking them. Why would they bother to hook anyone, when the game can end fast and just mori the last survivor? Meanwhile,the survivor needs 45s to get their unbreakable up,which is too long for a game that is a fast- paced. I see that you guys are trying to go against anti-slugging,but I doubt it will work.

And that would be it from me.

I really hope you guys will consider reading this post and do something about it in the future. Thanks!

Comments

  • If they do that they might as well make it the official ranked mode

    But yea they say Kills/Escaping is more important then Pips at this point

    If they can also fix the issues that come up with the old way of ranks

  • I would love to know my "rank". Unfortunately, the old system was before my attempt to the game.

    Or should I say fortunately, so I cannot miss it?

  • Outside of the dastardly no good evil killer player theme of this post, I also preferred the old ranks.

  • I said it once and I say it again.

    It is good for the players if they can see there own rank and there opponents rank after a game. First it helps analyzing why you lost where did you screw up and why is important and knowing you faced a opponent that is simply better is important to. And second it just helps te keep a calm mind when I lose a game on all levels and get dragged through the mud and I see in the endscreen that guy was like two or more ranks above me I can get angry about the obviously bad matchmaking cause the game was decided in the lobby

  • I don't think the full old system should be brought back. Apparently they did more than just disable seeing MMR. What they should do is yeah, bring back seeing MMR/rank. I think they said they're considering that in their January Q&A.

    But I believe it's more complex than just pipping and depipping now. From what I hear, even if MMR is far from perfect the games are at least more balanced than the old system.