Do you think the old Borrowed Time was better balanced?
Personally, Deep Wounds is the least threatening status in the game and is way more unbalanced (heavily towards Survivor), than Enduring ever was.
Personally, Deep Wounds is the least threatening status in the game and is way more unbalanced (heavily towards Survivor), than Enduring ever was.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I haven't noticed a difference. Not yet.
Uh, deep wound is actually fine, it just got meme status for being Legion´s demise.
As for the new changes in borrowed time, i think it is fine.
The change is good for the survivor because he can mend himself without the need of any extra perks like self-care, also it stops the timer when the killer chases you.
It is also good for the killer because they can briefly see the location of the survivors if they go down.
If you hit the survivor and then focus on the person that did the unhooking like "you're supposed to," the unhooked survivor gets a free mend, 100%.
How often have you guys seen someone go down from Deep Wounds?
Considering that Borrowed Time had to originally be nerfed because it was too powerful, and they just buffed it significantly, logic would suggest this is going to be as annoying as everybody's been warning.
The BT from patch 1.9.0 was balanced. All of the other versions (1.4.0, 1.7.0, and 2.4.0) were not.
The timer for 1.4.0's version was just too long (it was 30/35/40 seconds) and both Survivors received the effect.
1.7.0 had the timer nerfed to 15/20/25 seconds, but still had both Survivors receiving the BT effect.
2.4.0 added the Deep Wound effect to the perk, which basically acts like a third health state for Survivors.
I think before the last patch borrowed time was in a perfect spot. Now they just overbuffed it.
I don't really understand how they want me to react when I find out a survivor is running BT.
It's probably not "camp them out the game," I bet :-/
That's what I do, though, when they're capable of creating full-length chases regardless of who I hit, especially if it's a coordinated member luring me back near the hook to get it to proc :-/
Okay. This, a lot.
A lot in one game.
Before you’d hit the unhooked person and then be incentivized to switch to the unhooker because the other player will go down regardless or need to spend a fair bit of time Healing.
Now since they can get right back to work after shortly Mending, your better option is to tunnel.
It’s a much easier down and now you’re that much closer to killing off another player.
Chill out dude. I've seem MANY Billy campers and it's the main reason I run it on my survivor.
I still run borrowed time and I don't see much of a difference. However I'm still kinda confused on the changes still.
-Bleedout Timer is 5s faster (sounds like a crazy nerf) BUT
-The bleedout timer on Borrowed Time now pauses in chases.
-Stopping the bleedout timer requires "mending" (stand in place, hold m1), a free action that any survivor can do without a med-kit/self-care.
-The timer will decrease when actually mending and not in chase, but will never decrease to 0 so long as the mending action is being performed.
You can only wait out Borrowed Time for basement hooks.
They had to make this change, Legion's power is bleeding people out, BT is a bleed out mechanic. If you can Mend against Legion then you can and should Mend from Borrowed Time. This is for instances when the Exit is open and you have BT applied on you with the Killer chasing you, you're gonna make it there because your timer is paused. This is also for other endgame scenarios when you get saved and the only other player goes down at the hook from saving you and you got BT applied. You need to Mend yourself so you have a fighting chance instead of bleeding out like before and getting killed because you were just 10 feet from reaching the hatch but couldn't make it because you bled out.
That being said I still don't like the changes because BT is no longer a threat, Deep Wounds on Legion is NOT a threat, therefore, BT is not a threat. BT is now FROM THE LEGION, if the Legion's own power is not a threat then this perk will be super strong for Survivors because ONLY Legion can counter Deep Wounds(add-ons), no other Killer can.