Has this happened to anyone else recently

when your playing killer and dominating a team and suddenly the game lags out and boots you from the game. Also at the endgame screen shows that I disconnected. Not sure if it’s something wrong with the game or intentional (DDoS/ Lag Switch)? It’s happened multiple times recently.


I play on xbox btw

Comments

  • It's nigh-impossible to prove if it was actual malicious intent, but I think I had it happen a few times. Never got a disconnect penalty for it, though. I guess they just crashed the server or something like that?

  • This happened to me once I believe when I was on survivor As Jonathan Byers like three months ago, but that’s about it

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    It's nigh-impossible to prove if it was actual malicious intent, but I think I had it happen a few times. Never got a disconnect penalty for it, though. I guess they just crashed the server or something like that?

    Yeah I figured it would be hard to tell. I have a clip and a screenshot but it’s too big to upload here. Just weird that it only happens when I’m doing good and never when I’m having a rough game.

  • @JonathanByers said:

    This happened to me once I believe when I was on survivor As Jonathan Byers like three months ago, but that’s about it

    Was it against a pinhead? Cause it happened about 3 months ago to me as pinhead. I had just gotten fifth stack of Devour and mori’d someone then bam booted and my internet was disconnected

  • There's no way to prove it but it's probably a DDoS.

  • Happened to me a couple of times on steam. Stopped happening when I got more stable wifi, so probably nothing malicious was happening.

  • Happened a few times. Both roles.