I would like to see DBD Randomizer officially supported
Recently i've been trying random builds on survivor to add some variety to my gameplay and it's been a lot of fun. I think this way of playing should be officially supported. Why?
- If it was a feature in game then the game would be able to randomly select perks from the perks you have. This would make this playstyle available to everyone and not just people who have every perk unlocked.
- It would be faster. Right now it's awkward to constantly switch perks when there's 8 pages and 4 slots.
- It would cause more perk variety.
Implementation
Here's how i would implement it. A new question mark would be added next to the 3rd button in the loadout menu. Pressing this button will give you a completely random loadout, which is hidden to you before the match starts. This would not replace any of your 3 pre-existing loadouts, the random icon serves as a temporary loadout that randomises it self each time it is selected. All of the slots would appear with a question mark however selecting any of these slots will reveal the loadout and at this point the loadout is considered customised. It can be re-randomised like i said before by reselecting this icon. If the loadout is considered customised, this would disable the following feature.
To incentivise players to challenge themselves, escaping with a random uncustomised build would award the "Adaptive Survivor" score event which awards 10k bloodpoints. Similarly for killer getting 3 kills would award the "Adaptive Killer" score event which also awards 10k bloodpoints.
Thank you for reading.
Comments
I did the same suggestion a couple of weeks ago but it got completely ignored.
Damn i didn't see that. I guess it's not a popular request ๐
I hope one day we'll get an official in game randomizer. It's so funny to go with complete random perks. Sometimes you may even find good combos, too.