This patch seems like it should have been delayed for the next mid-chapter
Just look at the list of bugs with the finishing moris, it's absurd.
They should have instead focus on simple things, like just number changes for both sides, since those as stated by the Devs themselves mostly don't require any programming time.
Comments
We mentioned it in many places, but to make it abundantly clear: The Finishing Mori system is not going live in the Mid-Chapter. This is a preview of a feature that is not ready to go live yet, but we wanted to get feedback on it early. There will be bugs.
Work in progress features have bugs, which is a big part of why this is absolutely not going live yet. Getting feedback earlier in the process is incredibly helpful, but there will be more bugs as a result.
It is clearly stated that the purpose of the PTB is to hear opinions.
I may give feedback on Basekit Unbreakable and my main objection to mori being removed from Rancor and Devour. No, I will.
Sure, but did this require a whole PTB? It seems that these changes are what the beta tab was made for.
The finisher mori system is a pretty game changing system to leave it up to people to opt into. I really wouldn't want to deal with some survivors having infinite unbreakables and others not.
It makes sense to dedicate a ptb to testing this system and it's good bvhr isn't rushing to push this live and looking to get feedback on it.
The beta tab is meant for features which affect you, not everyone. Something like the Finishing Mori is not a good fit for that tab since it affects everyone in the match. For example, if you opt into it as the Killer and I opt out as a Survivor, what happens when the last Survivor is downed? Does it trigger the mori because you had it enabled, or not because I have it disabled?
Beyond that, other aspects of the game change as a result, such as perks, offerings, and even achievements, so it would not be possible on a technical level either.
what i dont understand is there is a freakout wave even before the PTB (im part of it too) and its not like its only killers because of the UB basekit but there are also many survivor players that hate the whole idea about it, and here we still are, devs waiting for the PTB all though the answer is going to be the same, hard NO to it. If any of this goes live soloQ and killer will be unplayable, glad to have nurses insta mori every second match im playing soloQ and glad to have tactics destroyed for killers and bully squads being able to fear no consequences for over altruism at all..
Despite all the freakouts they still push towards the PTB, feels almost like they WANT the game to become more tryhard and competetive.
@Peanits different question, but just to confirm; the flashlight changes will go live as usual, right?
Those will be like any other PTB. It is planned to go live, but I can't say whether or not it will be exactly the same as the PTB. It depends on the feedback we receive and if any necessary changes can be made in time for release.
My main issue with this PTB is the 6.3.0 midchapter itself has 0 changes. No killer buffs or nerfs, no perk changes, nothing. It feels like they are too foucsed on base game changes that they forgot about everything else
Ah, alright, I understand better now, thanks!
I think the issue is there aren't enough developers to tackle both the finishing mori system and work on other things. Plus if they decide to go through with it, that will affect killer balance to the point where any buffs/nerfs they made right now might need to be reverted by the time it goes live.
Archives and Flashlights QoL is who
The patch is actually "delayed" because they are only implementing selecting 2 challenges at the same time, the flashlight spam fix and some bug fixes, which are great imo, I dont really mind a contentless patch if they fix stuff and prepare work for bigger patches in advance so they release more ironed and with less bugs but I believe there was a bit too much fanfare for what they are actually changing and people were expecting somethig so now some are disapointed.
I hope you cancel the whole thing current mori system is perfect. I want to mori all survivors just not one and still have 100+ mori offerings on my killers.