So... We're getting just a bug fix midchapter?

Just got done reading the patch notes and I want to ask:

Was the Finisher mori system actually planned to go live with this next update and you suddenly changed your minds and created this scenario where it can both be tested without it going live or was this mid chapter always essentially nothing but bug fixes? Was this also because of "Production constraints" as mentioned in the patch notes?

Far be it from me to complain about optimisation and bug fixes, but would they need a PTB specifically for just those two things?

Comments

  • I mean, they literally have a beta tab for testing stuff like this.

  • It would be kinda hard to test any other significant changes at the same time as a major overhaul to the game such as the Mori/basekit Unbreakable changes.

  • The midchapter also includes the Halloween Event. Maybe the event is bigger this year. Still sad to see no killer adjustments because Sadako was denied hers last midchapter due to the meta perk rework and there's other killers like Twins who need adjustments as well.

  • @Seraphor said:

    It would be kinda hard to test any other significant changes at the same time as a major overhaul to the game such as the Mori/basekit Unbreakable changes.

    But they told us that those features weren't going live, which implies they weren't meant for this midchapter

    Which I no longer believe, it make absolutely 0 sense at all.

  • This is the worst mid chapter I've ever seen.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209033#Comment_3209033

    But they told us that those features weren't going live, which implies they weren't meant for this midchapter

    Which I no longer believe, it make absolutely 0 sense at all.

    The finisher moris not being intended to go live this midchapter does not mean that the ptb was going to include other stuff as well.

    I was hopeful we would see some killer adjustments, but I also wouldn't want Twins or Sadako to get rushed out changes for the sake of having changes.

  • @Crowman said:

    The midchapter also includes the Halloween Event. Maybe the event is bigger this year. Still sad to see no killer adjustments because Sadako was denied hers last midchapter due to the meta perk rework and there's other killers like Twins who need adjustments as well.

    Really, i almost sure we will just kick pumpkins again, Dont expect to much from BHVR

  • Even if it's not being released, it's a huge change that may need several cycles of testing. Better to announce up front that it won't be ready right away than go back on your word.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    This is the worst mid chapter I've ever seen.

    Either one of two things is true I think

    The finisher mori system was actually meant for this midchapter but something internally has made them go "well it's not going live with this patch" which is why if you take it out of the equation the update adds only fixes and optimisation

    Or

    The finisher mori system wasn't ready but it's been pushed up because this update had nothing to actually test to begin with

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209036#Comment_3209036

    The finisher moris not being intended to go live this midchapter does not mean that the ptb was going to include other stuff as well.

    I was hopeful we would see some killer adjustments, but I also wouldn't want Twins or Sadako to get rushed out changes for the sake of having changes.

    how long has sadako and twins been needing changes? Were past the point of “no need to rush” and are onto pick up the pace.

  • @SpaghettiVase said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209041#Comment_3209041

    how long has sadako and twins been needing changes? Were past the point of “no need to rush” and are onto pick up the pace.

    Since they were released, which for Twins is quite a while lmao

  • Not a single balance change (buffs/nerfs/add-ons?) nor perk changes other than those directly related to the mori change

    These patch notes are so disappointing, considering the mori change is not supposed to go live. This also explains why they didn't publish any developer note yesterday. There was *nothing* to publish at all

  • @SpaghettiVase said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209041#Comment_3209041

    how long has sadako and twins been needing changes? Were past the point of “no need to rush” and are onto pick up the pace.

    Sadako was suppose to be last mid-chapter, but the meta perk rework delayed it. She hasn't been waiting that long.

    Twins though has just been the stuck with the fact that the timing of her release being in between all the map reworks delayed her and bhvr still hasn't finished putting the rest of the map reworks. I personally don't expect Twins to see changes anytime soon since BHVR seems to rather want to forget she exists. But some people were talking about how she is up next for changes.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209037#Comment_3209037

    Either one of two things is true I think

    The finisher mori system was actually meant for this midchapter but something internally has made them go "well it's not going live with this patch" which is why if you take it out of the equation the update adds only fixes and optimisation

    Or

    The finisher mori system wasn't ready but it's been pushed up because this update had nothing to actually test to begin with

    Yeah I think you're right, and it's more likely the first choice. There's probably a lot of ramifications they realized during their own internal testing that made them decide it's not ready for live yet.

    I've seen a few people say the Halloween event might be bigger this year but I don't want to get my hopes up about that.

  • Man I was dreaming today of Sadako buffs. Sad.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Just got done reading the patch notes and I want to ask:

    Was the Finisher mori system actually planned to go live with this next update and you suddenly changed your minds and created this scenario where it can both be tested without it going live or was this mid chapter always essentially nothing but bug fixes? Was this also because of "Production constraints" as mentioned in the patch notes?

    Far be it from me to complain about optimisation and bug fixes, but would they need a PTB specifically for just those two things?

    Where is this list of changes I can't find it