The Only Solution for the hacking problem

Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found

Comments

  • What is the only solution to the DC problem?

  • Well, if we somehow had a method to know whether they gave up or not, someone who just decide to give up within a match deserves to be penalized.

    PvP games doesn't work when we expect people to not play properly.

  • DC problem > Hacker problem for me.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207303#Comment_3207303

    The "DC problem" is still alive and well, its just transformed into the "suiciding on hook" problem.

    Then we should fix it, it's a serious problem that is as bad as hackers, or even worse because they don't be punished and keep doing so in every single matches.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207303#Comment_3207303

    The "DC problem" is still alive and well, its just transformed into the "suiciding on hook" problem.

    Yeah, so what is the only solution to the DC problem?



    PS: I have written my opinion several times in the forum and I am looking forward to the HUSK system that BHVR stated long ago that it will implement in the future as a way to solve the DC problem and the suicide problem at the same time.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207309#Comment_3207309

    Whatever punishment we can come up with will be circumvented by the DC'ing problem just becoming something else.

    It is a slippery slope.

    DC problem--->Suiciding on hook problem-->Giving up problem---> "now this problem"

    At a certain point we have to acknowledge the failure of the DC penalties and especially now that it has been weaponized by cheaters.

    At the end of the day players will either give up or DC no matter the penalty.

    I would even go as far to say that removing a DC penalty would discourage players from participating in excessively toxic behavior. Survivors would think twice before being toxic to a killer that is not forced to play against them under threat of a matchmaking ban and vice versa.

    Unlike your belief, people won't throw the game when playing it out is easier, that is exactly the reason why killers will not afk as much as survivor suicide.

    It's not a slippery slope, removing easy way to skip the game will make much less players to do such.

    Literally every game has DC penalty and literally no one thinks that is bad, I feel dbd is the only game where people think throwing the game should be allowed.

    Cheaters problem is cheaters problem, we need to fix it but not by stupid band-aid that makes bigger problem.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207312#Comment_3207312

    I am not familiar with the HUSK system you're talking about, what is it?

    I would not say there is a true zero sum, one size fits all solution to the DC problem, it is all a trade off right now we're trading DC's for suicides on hook.

    Players DC now even with the penalty and if they're not DC'ing they're suiciding on hook which is basically DC'ing, if you penalize that then players will just give up and not play until they get into the next match.

    The reality is we cannot force people to play when they do not want to.

    First, the main thrust of your story is the assertion that since it is impossible to completely counter cheaters, the DC penalty should be eliminated because DC is an effective solution when matched with a cheater.

    If the DC penalty is eliminated, as I believe it is, many selfish players will DC without malice. You responded with the main point that even now selfish players are quitting the game by committing suicide. Am I correct so far?


    Now, I don't want to play with cheaters either. Of course I don't.

    So, if you ask me if just eliminating the DC penalty is enough, I feel that it is not enough for the aforementioned reasons.


    So here is the HUSK system: if you DC, your character remains in the game and the game itself survives (or moves with the AI).

    This reduces frustration for other remaining players.

    If the cheater continues to play the game and everyone else is HUSK, what a miserable one-man game.

    For more information on the HUSK system, go to

    @fake said:

    こんにちは。

    I remember this "DC husk" feature that was revealed to be under development three years ago.

    Attached is a citation for that information that was actually published.

    DEVELOPER UPDATE, JUNE/JULY 2019.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/73858/developer-update-june-july-2019

    This also gives us an opportunity to strengthen the way we handle disconnections. Survivors who disconnect from a match will leave a “husk” behind. The Killer can then hook and sacrifice this husk to receive the points- and perk tokens where applicable- that they would have earned had the Survivor continued playing. Additionally, the other Survivors in the match will receive a quitter bonus to compensate for losing a teammate. Should a Killer disconnect, the match will immediately end, and the remaining Survivors will receive emblem points assuming they had healed and escaped the trial, keeping any items and add-ons they have equipped. Any offerings used will be refunded if the match is cancelled shortly after starting.

    Just recently I saw a discussion about not being able to activate the Blood Warden due to a player who had DC.

    This citation explains how this feature would allow us to acquire park tokens, i.e., BBQs and STBFLs, that we cannot acquire due to selfish DC players.

    (Though BBQ will no longer get BP bonus tokens with the next update before this feature is implemented.)

    While we are aiming to have this new system launch at the same time as dedicated servers, we may need to hold off until the following mid-chapter patch. We will keep you posted on our progress as soon as we have more info to share. For the time being, we will continue punishing excessive disconnectors using our existing system.

    It has been a long time since dedicated servers were implemented and a long time since the next chapter patch when dedicated servers were implemented.

    Three years in fact.

    Developers, do you have any information you can share on this?

    I have a feeling that no information has been shared on this in the last 3 years, if I remember correctly.

    If there is no information to share, I would surely be pleased if the answer is "no information to share".

    Because in the Q&A's over the past three years, I have asked several times if there is any information that can be disclosed about this "DC husk system" and it has never been addressed.

    This Q&A includes some stuff unique to the official Japanese Twitter feed.

    If there is any reaction from the developer's side, I would be really happy.

    If no reaction, I may ask the same question in the next Q&A. Or in some cases, the next one, and the next one after that.


  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207323#Comment_3207323

    The DC penalty is a bandaid fix now players just give up on hook lmao.

    Yeah, to properly fix this we needs to patch up any of "free throwing" method.

    At least make it costs their time or some effort, so they will do it less.

    I doubt people circumventing penalty by abusing certain mechanics will make it "band aid" anyway.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207331#Comment_3207331

    The HUSK system sounds like the best compromise for everyone when someone DCs, but until that arrives the strongest solution is to remove DC penalties. I agree with what you're saying completely.

    Thanks, I agree with you if the HUSK system can be incorporated.

    Let's hope together that in the near future the developers will simultaneously announce the implementation of the HUSK system and the elimination of the DC penalty.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207336#Comment_3207336

    I disagree, that sounds like a way to make the game insufferable and not even possible to be coded into the game.

    Huh? just remove kobeing penalty and that's it, it'll be thousand times more difficult to suicide than what it is now.

    What's insufferable or not possible about it?