New mori offerings will be a bigger gamble and waste than luck offerings (somehow)

Title. What killer goes into a match knowing they're going to get a certain number of kills, and that they'll be able to always down the last survivor? It doesn't just encourage slugging survivors; it demands it. The higher rarity of mori offering, the more expensive and the more risky that you'll get nothing in return. That doesn't seem in line with the way rarity works in this game (the rarer the add-on or offering, the better it should be).

You're better off running a map-altering offering, or a standard BP offering where you know you'll get returns - no matter the final outcome of the match. Just straight up remove all of these useless offerings already!

Comments

  • I mean...isn't that normally how any of the bigger offerings work though?

    I want to use a BPS. This game could be a game against a Sweat Squad SWF that is looking to get out as fast as humanly possible and now I've wasted a 100% offering or this could be a game against 4 adorable little kittens who accidentally turned their owners console on and are currently running around in circles cause they don't have thumbs and therefore can't control their character right.

    Or what seems to be my luck where I use my junk offerings with my junk add ons against squads I decimate and as soon as I put something good on, I get my teeth kicked in :(

  • It's a terrible idea. Just like Myers 4k achievement via evil within, survivors will be able to instantly tell what you are doing via the hidden offering and will just hide on purpose if they are the last survivor alive and you close hatch because at least that way they can block your bonus x BP. It will be one of the new "fun" ways to troll killers and I can already imagine the "LEL dude nice mori!!! EZ" chat if you manage to prevent a killers offering from going off.

  • I'm not sure why the comparsion to luck offerings.

    They are straight up worse than just bringing in a Survivor Pudding.

    A 4K game can easily gain you 20-30K BP which is more than you get with a more costly addon.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I mean...isn't that normally how any of the bigger offerings work though?

    I want to use a BPS. This game could be a game against a Sweat Squad SWF that is looking to get out as fast as humanly possible and now I've wasted a 100% offering or this could be a game against 4 adorable little kittens who accidentally turned their owners console on and are currently running around in circles cause they don't have thumbs and therefore can't control their character right.

    Or what seems to be my luck where I use my junk offerings with my junk add ons against squads I decimate and as soon as I put something good on, I get my teeth kicked in :(

    The difference here, you're still getting 100% BP on every action you did that match - regardless how many survivors lived, died, how they died, whatever. The new mori offerings have to play out a very specific way to get the reward! Not worth!

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3206437#Comment_3206437

    The difference here, you're still getting 100% BP on every action you did that match - regardless how many survivors lived, died, how they died, whatever. The new mori offerings have to play out a very specific way to get the reward! Not worth!

    I suppose so.

    I don't really see much of a difference but you're not wrong either.

  • Yep. This was in my list of many issues with the changes.

    Why would I use an iri offering at the chance of 20k when I can use a cake for 40k..BHVR logic 101