has anyone encounter a wesker that didnt' camp and tunnel at 5 gens?
first of all i wanna say well done on the chapter, it seems weskers a pretty popular killer, i think ive ran into more than 30 of them since his release. or at least he's popular in my region. which is probably more than what i can say for the number of twins and artist players combined.
okay back on the topic at hand. im not talking about proxy camping or the one where he doesn't have any objectives to defend, i'm talking he's close enough he could used reassurance if he was a survivor close. 😭
and then the wesker proceeds to get either gen rushed for an easy escape for the other 3, or the randoms all throw themselves at the camping wesker. 🤣
Comments
I have multiple times
Yes, me.
Camping? Not really, Tunneling, yes.
A solid 15% I've seen have done that, which is surprising low compared to other Killer average of ~30%. Nearly half of the Weskers either camp or tunnel less than any other Killer I come across. To be fair I think this is because he is the new Killer and those rough stats will equalize when the only people playing him are mains instead of variety Killers enjoying the new ice cream flavor. Strangely enough the Killers that don't "need" to camp and tunnel are the ones who do it the most, with a personal estimate of 95% Blights and 99% Nurses engaging in either camping or tunneling. Bad players need their easy "wins" I guess. These are anecdotal estimates, but they tend to be true in my games as Survivor.
I've enjoyed playing Wesker, because I do not feel like I need to camp or tunnel to apply pressure.
All around, I think he is one of the best designed killers.
He has to apply his passive, rather than activate it mindlessly.
His passive is a moderately-low threat level, so survivors don't feel like they NEED to address it before making sure a gen gets done. HOWEVER, Wesker can punish a survivor who chooses gen over vaccine.
He has mobility, which is always great.
He doesn't shut down every loop.
His larger-than-normal terror radius keeps survivor on their toes--especially on indoor maps.
Sorry you see a lot of campers and tunnelers--perhaps they are struggling with his power and need to compensate. He is really fun, and hopefully more Weskers learn to play him casually
Me, because my Weskers literally can't down someone in time to tunnel or camp them at 5 gens.
Nah its cool, i don't actually mind getting tunneled, cause it just means i get to interact with the killer for most of the game. its a funny observation, i actually don't encounter that much camping or tunneling personally with the other killers.
since you explicitly say not further than reassurance reach away I'd say I actually only encountered a handful of those camping Weskers. Tunneling ones is a different story already - about half drop whatever they're doing to get right back on the first surv. I also only encountered a handful of Weskers who go far enough away from hook to not be able to get back with one dash. And tbh, I'm pretty sick of it.
Ever seen survivors wait with doing gens until the first hook?
I'm sorry you're mostly going against camping Weskers ! :(
I haven't gone against that many Weskers since the first week of his release, but most of those I see are playing fair. I've even encountered a few friendly ones (none of whom wanted to yeet me at my friend, sadly...)