Where is the matchmaking at Night!?

Does it just dissapear!?

I can't fathom why i get half decent players throughout the day wheen there should be less people playing but come night and matchmaking is putting people with no perks or barely any with me vs killers with 4 gen perks. These headless chicken survs just get hooked one after the other and i can't do a single gen because Pain Res DMS keep being given to the killer.

I won't blame killers because what are they supposed to do? I'd hook the fools too.

BHVR does MMR not work at Night!?

Legit not funny business i've lost 4 pips in the last 4 matches, 2 of those last 4 matches were matches where NOT A SINGLE GEN got done. I can't do gens and i can't do rescues otherwise i'll just dies instead because there won't be anyone healthy to attempt rescue me...

CREATE MORE MMR SOFT CAPS PLEASE! Seperate Brand New players and Little Jimmies from the rest of us...If i wasn't upset and with 0 will to play the game i'd jump on killer and pretend it's 2010 or something and we got Christmas Noobs to slaughter.

Comments

  • It's very inconsistent and it makes me angry. I could bring a chill build as killer and get sweats, then the very next match bring a sweaty build and get babies. I tryhard either way, because I'm playing to win, but it still bothers me when suddenly it's too easy.

  • It doesn't disappear, but whenever you have less players it seems like the chance that you have people in queue that have been there long enough for the matchmaking to say "Okay, screw it. Get them in a match as soon as possible by any means necessary." goes up.

    Nothing new, really. Basically every matchmaking system ever has something like this. With how the softcap works even when there's enough players to avoid that particular issue it's still very random to be fair.

  • In the night we have less players, around 25k on steam, and in the noon we have 2x more players. so, in the night you will go to more chance play with more casual and inexperience players, because the players offer in the night is much poor compare to the day, and the MMR will extend "your marge" in the night to search players, finding more inexperience players.

  • Surprisingly, at least on Steam, there are more players from 11 AM to 1 PM than there are after 6 PM. For example, here's the snapshot from the last two days, notice the peaks are both at 11 AM Eastern US time.

    image.png


  • I'd say matchmaking is working in some form because at least it's consistent. Daytime is the best survivors worst killers and nighttime is the opposite. Lately I've been trying my hand at survivor, and I'll play earlier in the day until evening rolls around and then I'll switch back to killer when survivor matches start getting rough consistently.

  • It depends on your region. In mine, the better survivors come out before or after prime-time, so 11am - 4pm and midnight to 4am. Something like that. Lot more casual/family gamers on during prime-time, even with crossplay off on PC.

  • I pretty much ONLY play at night (after 6pm central). Matchmaking for killer is so slow in the daytime that the game basically can't be played, night is the prime time for getting matches. Survivor loads a lot faster in the day as always though. The incentive system is hilariously ineffectual since I've seen no change in the trends at all and it's almost always only ever boosting Survivor.

  • Its sleeping

    On a more serious note, they really should increase the soft cap.