Please give us better reporting tools
If you want us to help, please update the archaic in-game reporting system. It's easy for a player to feel like the in-game report system is useless and/or that their reports don't do anything, since there is no feedback to the end user. Besides it hasn't been updated... ever, as far as I can remember, it's always been the same.
In Rust when a player gets a ban there is a little popup that tells a player that their report helped get them banned and that is such a good thing. It tells Rust players that reporting does something.
Off-topic: I really hope you do put a lot more server-side checks in place. You do have the power to take control of the game back from hackers. If hackers couldn't do so much crazy stuff in DbD I'm sure it would be even less popular than it is now.

Comments
Good news!
The road map says better reporting tools are coming.
Will be honest. I don't report because I know it does nothing.
The only thing that is able to be reviewed is the end-game chat & pre game chat. The system doesn't capture anything else. What happens in a match is unknown. The only way you can catch hackers or cheaters is with valid video proof and unless you're a streamer or content creator, its incredibly unlikely you'll be recording your matches. Thats why so many cheaters go unbanned for so long, some last months before anything happens to them. The report system is god awful and relying on people to show 'proof' due to how awful it is, is not healthy for any 'report' system.