Can't believe No Mither actually got nerfed (in ptb)

It's only interesting ability was to pick yourself up infinitely, now this is basekit, and it offers only a 25% increase in revival speed while Unbreakable got 100%.


I cant believe it, they actually nerfed No Mither

image.png


Comments

  • Man. They nerfed Calm Spirit, they nerfed Mettle of Man, they nerfed Blast Mine. Who would have thought this was the warm-up to the grandest nerf of them all.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    On a positive note, now maybe I won't have to load into a game to find out my solo queue teammates are running No Mither.

    Easiest way to throw the match before it has even started.

    When I load into a game and someone is using No Mither, I usually think, "This is either a god or a throw..."

    I usually have my answer 20 seconds later @_@

  • I'm starting to sense a power creep...

    If they allow No Mither the ability to pick yourself up at any time, then Unbreakable, Boon: Exponential, No Mither, & Soul Guard will be a disgustingly abused SWF build.

    If they give No Mither a 100% recovery speed buff, then Unbreakable, Boon: Exponential, No Mither, & Soul Guard will still be a disgustingly abused SWF build.


    I'd propose the idea of No Mither giving survivors 3 hook states, instead of 2. ...but I can also see that becoming extremely problematic.


    Either way you slice it, this High Risk/High Reward design presents a ton of problems for the game (e.g. Nurse). I can't think of anything at the moment that I would believe to be a worthwhile trade-off for being Broken all trial, that doesn't also break the game in any way. Being injured isn't SO bad that it deserves an amazing counter-balance. ...but people aren't going to voluntarily play permanently injured if there isn't a good enough incentive.