Anti-slugging is a good change, can we address tunneling next?
The anti-slug mechanic is a welcomed update as someone has been victim of a lot of matches laying on the floor while the killer conveniently at their pleasure walks around the match looking for the secured 4K. This may have been the worst thing in the game knowing you are unable to do anything. Slugging in general was way too strong, especially for regular players.
Hopefully the next thing on the devs radar is anti-tunneling. I think decisive strike needs to return to its previous version or base-kit decisive strike. Base-kit borrowed-time is not really doing anything to deter tunneling. It helps from going down directly under the hook but that is all it does. Killers can exploit it by hitting someone off the hook and you can't stack an endurance perk. I would say a majority of matches there is a tunneler. This is a very overpowered tactic, boring, and when survivors are down to even a couple of gens left, it is impossible to finish them with 3 survivors because of the pressure a killer can apply. If he has good perks then survivors can't do anything. I almost never see a game won unless all 4 survivors miraculously make it until the end and then some still dies.
I will repeat: a majority of all matches I am in the killer tunnels the first person out of the game and the game becomes hopeless. Survivors start to bail because the match is impossible to win.
We need thinking caps for a way to bring back the hatch mechanic so it has a better chance of being used. The game becomes a lost cause for survivors when someone dies and it shouldn't be.
Comments
I think my favorite response from killers when the topic of slugging comes up is: “just open another tab and do something else.” Lol. It’s so bat$#!%. I can’t think of any other game—not a single one—where a ‘slugging’ feature exists or that telling a player subjected to it is at all permissible.
Tunneling will become even more prevalent with slugging out of the picture. But idk, doesn't base-kit DS seem overkill when Survivors are already getting base-kit Unbreakable?
A survivor is hopeless if the killer tunnels only one person, then the others can't finish the objective. It isn't overkill considering how much killers have been buffed. Imagine 3 survivors having to do 2 or more gens that are 90 seconds long with probable gen regression too.
Slugging is only problem with bleeding to death, and slug for 4K. The slugging strat for pressure isnt.
They could just allow survivors to self-kill after 45sec on the ground, and Yellow mori basekit.
I think I should do the same.
There are many things that should be removed from the game, not just slugging.
A list needs to be made.
Camping, tunneling, chasing, attaching, hooking, running, walking, crouching, clicking, T-bagging, generating, watching, voice chatting, AFK, DC, surviving, killing.
etcetc. more the other
I agree honestly. Slugging is only problematic in certain scenarios. This blanket nerf to all slugging feels wrong.
I love your comics by the way uwu
The game is getting plenty of Anti-Tunneling attention. In addition to all of the really good Anti Tunneling perks in the game, basekit BT has really shaken up the meta and works fine for Anti-Tunneling. Tunneling shouldn't be straight up removed like there shouldn't be a mechanic where the killer is basically led to water and FORCED to pick a different target for the next several minutes. Getting players out of a game fast is a strat and while I love the basekit anti-tunneling we have so far, we don't need much more nor should we get much more because getting survivors out of the game fast is NEEDED at high MMR. Unless they can rework it so 2 hooking everyone was somehow more viable (the only way I'd see that happening is if someone fresh off hook cannot work on gens for like 1 full minute) we need MAYBE one more anti tunneling basekit baby step, plus anti tunneling perk buffs.
Face camping is a WAY bigger issue imo. It needs to be made not at all viable. Against 4 competent survivors a 1k should be all that is possible and unhook grabs should be removed. Tunneling isn't great but at least you get to play the game. Camping is just sitting on hook being a time waster so your teammates can do gens. Fun.
Out of the 3 ""problematic"" play styles survivors complain about (Proxy/Face Camping, Tunneling and Slugging) Camping is the only one worth trying to COMPLETELY destroy. I think the other 2 are valid ways for killers to play but they can often be a tad too powerful and slugging is pretty annoying when you have to wait for the bleed out.
And the dumb thing is the Devs might have the exact opposite stance? Because it's the only one they're not really addressing. Reassurance doesn't count because it's a bandaid perk fix that doesn't even solve the problem when someone is running it. It just makes it slightly less bad.
I agree with the standard "remove hook grabs and have powers start to loose charges when close to a hook" fix for camping. With maybe those disabling during the EGC because a hooked survivor is the only bait the killer has at that point. Camping during EGC actually IS valid. Shouldn't be BUFFED or anything but Noed I think should be reworked so it's not THAT easy to turn a losing game into a 4k from one camp.
Anyway I rambled but Tunneling IS getting actively addressed and at a decent pace. It's not as big of an issue as camping imo and it should still be viable/possible just maybe less so.