BHVR, the ability to hook suicide and dodge the DC penalty is a major problem

The removal of the ability to suicide on hook is long overdue. It also is a loophole for bypassing the DC penalty despite quitting, which is insanely unhealthy.

There are 3 main aspects that genuinely need to be addressed soon:

  1. A rework to self-unhook mechanics, so people cannot force themselves to stage 2. For instance, only one attempt with adjusted percent chance, to prevent immediate self-forced stage 2. Or removal of Luck/basekit attempt mechanic and making Deliverance the only and reworking Slippery Meat. Or any other idea.
  2. The removal of the ability to ignore 2 consecutive Struggle skillchecks to die.
  3. The ability to intentionally fail 3 Struggle skillchecks to die. Almost no one is going to miss those skillchecks accidentally ever with how huge they are. Make them exclusively for Bloodpoints instead or something that doesn’t affect the remaining time.

Comments

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209837#Comment_3209837

    Your wording was "Sometimes" you bite the bullet out of respect for strangers. The parenthetical about someone else having already hook suicided reads as applying to only the sometimes. Did you mean "I do not throw the game when there’s a stranger unless someone else has already suicided on hook"?

    Yes I meaned "I do not throw the game when there’s a stranger unless someone else has already suicided on hook".

    The word sometimes was there if the game was thrown by somebody else already, or I am part of 4man swf.

  • @Gandor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209844#Comment_3209844

    Yes I meaned "I do not throw the game when there’s a stranger unless someone else has already suicided on hook".

    The word sometimes was there if the game was thrown by somebody else already.

    Okay, thank you for the clarification. For the record, English is not my primary language, but I have worked very hard to improve it to my current level of usage. So I still have parts where I find certain wordings or phrases ambiguous at times.

    I can appreciate that much at least. Thank you for not doing that.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3209858#Comment_3209858

    Okay, thank you for the clarification. For the record, English is not my primary language, but I have worked very hard to improve it to my current level of usage. So I still have parts where I find certain wordings or phrases ambiguous at times.

    I can appreciate that much at least. Thank you for not doing that.

    Nah. I am not native. I might have written it wrong (and TBH I could have done the same mistake even if writing in my mother's language)

1 2 ›