Knockout can be used in a very toxic way
Earlier today I played a game and the killer was using the perk Knockout, typically this perk doesn't see a lot of use in game, but the way the killer used it really made it evident that it can be abused. It prevents other survivors from seeing the aura of survivors put in the dying state within 32/24/16 meters depending on the tier. The killer I played against would down me, and just leave me on the ground with no intent to hook me. Which confused me more the killer hooked the other survivors. I didn't provoke the killer to incur their wrath (which was only confirmed in the endgame chat where the player just laughed at all of us). The result of the play style left me on the ground for minutes at a time because survivors couldn't find me, and after the 3rd time I was downed I bled out.
Is this just an effective way to use Knockout? I would say no, but here I am.
Comments
Slugging for pressure is a legitimate tactic and isn't abuse.
Unfortunately it's not abusing it, it's just how annoying the perk itself is. Lucky though not many killers use it.
I agree, slugging is a legitimate gameplay tactic, but I think this instance it just seems excessive. I might be in a losing argument against a killer who used the perk the way it was supposed to, but it made for very unfun gameplay.
I thought about knockout, which is an effective PERK against slugging survivors, and thought about how to use it effectively without slugging, but couldn't think of anything.
Like using it effectively without sealing the window sills with Bamboozle, or effectively without self-treatment with self-care. No idea.
That's what a lot of DBD boils down to. There are so many things in this game that don't break any written or unwritten rules, but they just don't feel fun for a lot of players to interact with
Knockout is the only perk I consider a "solo queue bully perk". completely useless against swf but can destroy solos
plus that god awful ringing it gives
Unfortunately it's a "legitimate tactic" that survivors need to just deal with. Can't be as toxic as flashlight clicking, apparently that causes insane amounts of stress, anxiety, and ptsd.
definitely which is why it should be reworked
Knock-Out is a really nasty perk in general. It can be utterly brutal for survivors to deal with it, and it sucks to be bled out on the ground bc your teammates just straight up have no idea where you are.
The player you mentioned in particular just kinda sounds like your average killer-only player tho.